Username
Password

02:07 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
New Haven, CT
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, there really is too much crap, haha.

But this site has gone a long way in 5 years. Its pretty crazy.
02:08 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
checkered.stars
No Avatar Selected
New Jersey
Female
In a year or so you'll probably be telling new members about the good old days. Its a cycle. I had to learn about a lot of stuff when I first joined. But things have changed a LOT since I first started posting.
I doubt a year is enough to educate me, haha.
Yeah, I remember some older members talking about how the news section used to be a little box. I can forsee a lot of new changes coming to AP, seeing how it's getting so big and all.
02:08 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
Nevuk
Post-Structural Anarchist
Cincinnati OH
Male - 25 Years Old
Agreed. It would be a bad idea all around, re-inforcing certain people's belief that anything said on this forum actually means something.
02:09 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
checkered.stars
No Avatar Selected
New Jersey
Female
I definitely would. So much weird stuff has happened on this site that a book like that would be a great way to pass the time.
02:10 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
Judge'sDaughter
blank
If AP were a place in real life, it would be like South Central LA, but instead of gangsters shooting each other it would be elitests and there would be Brand New concerts every day.
02:10 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
New Haven, CT
Male - 27 Years Old
Probably around 60% of the music I listen to is Emo. I'm basically an addict.

That forum definitely changed my views of emo. I took so many recommendations, read books, and really learned the history of the genre. It also widened my music tastes to much broader horizons instead of like the handful of bands I used to listen to.
02:12 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
Judge'sDaughter
blank
Agreed. It would be a bad idea all around, re-inforcing certain people's belief that anything said on this forum actually means something.
Hahahaha.

I definitely would. So much weird stuff has happened on this site that a book like that would be a great way to pass the time.
I'm only willing to spend so much time learning about a site that I go on maybe once every two days if I'm bored.
User Info.
checkered.stars
No Avatar Selected
New Jersey
Female
If AP were a place in real life, it would be like South Central LA, but instead of gangsters shooting each other it would be elitests and there would be Brand New concerts every day.
I would love it.
User Info.
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
New Haven, CT
Male - 27 Years Old

Haha, quoted for truth.

This site really is only a tiny microcosm on how the music world is right now.
User Info.
Nevuk
Cincinnati OH
Male - 25 Years Old
That forum definitely changed my views of emo. I took so many recommendations, read books, and really learned the history of the genre. It also widened my music tastes to much broader horizons instead of like the handful of bands I used to listen to.
Exactly. I had just started listening to music when I found it, and now I go from listening to Free Jazz to Post-hardcore to Emoviolence within the space of a playlist.
02:13 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
New Haven, CT
Male - 27 Years Old

Hahahahahaha.

And Say Anything concerts.
User Info.
checkered.stars
No Avatar Selected
New Jersey
Female
Hahahaha.

I'm only willing to spend so much time learning about a site that I go on maybe once every two days if I'm bored.
I get on here quite a lot, but I hate when people are talking about things that I wasn't here for. The book would have been a great educating tool, haha.
User Info.
Nevuk
Cincinnati OH
Male - 25 Years Old
Hahahaha.

This reminds me, I forgot to ask you if you've ever read God and the State ? (its by Bakunin)
User Info.
Judge'sDaughter
blank

Someone needs to put that post in their sig.
02:14 PM on 03/23/08 
User Info.
Judge'sDaughter
blank
Hahahahahaha.

And Say Anything concerts.

again, someone needs to put that in their sig.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos