Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 67 of 67.
02:28 PM on 05/18/11
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Okay, I have to ask, what did you think of "A Trophy Father's Trophy Son". I thought it was the best song on the record just because of the vulnerability of the subject...absentee fathers. Most bands in this genre wouldn't even dare write something as emotionally heavy as that.

I like the album too.
One of my favorites - both vocally and lyrically. Most emotional track on the record
12:05 AM on 05/19/11
Marcos_gun
tastes like green.
User Info.
Solid album, way better than their gimmicky debut, it reminds me a bit of the From First To Last s/t which is a good thing.
The album is good,FFTL is awesome,now tell me,how in the world these guys can remind u of fftl?! such different sound xD
07:31 AM on 05/19/11
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band IMO really does not stand out. The lyrics on this album are better than on the last, but still remarkably poor. "If you can't hang" is a clear example of that, some of the most generic lyrics I have ever read.

Being a frontman of a band requires two things, especially if you are a vocalist. A solid voice, and a creative mind for lyrics. Kellin may have the voice, but his mind hasn't reach new ground yet. Not a good album IMO, the creativity is not there, the lasting value is too high, the lyrics wayy too high, I get the vocals and the musicianship, but, really? 77?
07:51 AM on 05/20/11
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
Love this album so much.
05:14 PM on 05/31/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Love.
12:11 PM on 07/08/11
H.e.n.r.I.
User Info.
Better than their debut IMO...really solid record. "Four Corners And Two Sides" is the best track.
03:27 PM on 02/15/13
emmareden
User Info.
Interesting review, i think they are a love/hate band and the hate can be pretty over the top. I heard this album before I heard the first, and while I like both, this one wins hands down. It's much more involved and the screamo break downs are just amazing. There is a couple of slow points on the album but hopefully they fix that in the next one!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests