Password

Album Review
I Call Fives/Rust Belt Lights - Split Album Cover

I Call Fives/Rust Belt Lights - Split

Reviewed by
I Call Fives/Rust Belt Lights - Split
Release Date: April 5, 2011
Record Label: Broken Rim Records
This review is a user submitted review from brandon_260. You can see all of brandon_260's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
12:54 PM on 06/05/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I didn't think Bad Advice was any better than First Things First. Both EPs are more or less situated halfway between All Time Low and New Found Glory, and that's decent—but very treacherous—territory for me.

Rust Belt Lights' Long Gone... EP is pretty decent, never heard the LP.
01:02 PM on 06/05/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I didn't think Bad Advice was any better than First Things First. Both EPs are more or less situated halfway between All Time Low and New Found Glory, and that's decentóbut very treacherousóterritory for me.

I'm definitely interested in hearing more RBL after listening to this, but have yet to check anymore out.
03:10 PM on 06/05/11
rmalabed
I actually hate music
User Info.
I didn't think Bad Advice was any better than First Things First. Both EPs are more or less situated halfway between All Time Low and New Found Glory, and that's decent—but very treacherous—territory for me.

First Things First was better imo than Bad Advise was. Either way, I would recommend checking out the LP by Rust Belt Lights, it's really good, and in the same vein as the tracks on the split.
04:25 PM on 06/05/11
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
first things first and the acoustic songs are the best things they've put. i thought bad advice was just okay.
08:32 PM on 06/05/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I love First Things First a lot lot, Never really gave acoustic a chance (will do now) And I thought Bad Advice was pretty good! This split rocks though. RBL is pretty awesome but I can't get into them def a grower band for me
08:50 PM on 06/05/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I love First Things First a lot lot, Never really gave acoustic a chance (will do now) And I thought Bad Advice was pretty good! This split rocks though. RBL is pretty awesome but I can't get into them def a grower band for me
Whenever I see you post, I feel like we would really get along.

And you should definitely give the acoustic EP more plays. The re-recorded song is actually my least favorite acoustic.
09:03 PM on 06/05/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Whenever I see you post, I feel like we would really get along.

And you should definitely give the acoustic EP more plays. The re-recorded song is actually my least favorite acoustic.
Hahah dude I feel totally the same way! Edpecially when we both had the same avatar, but I for sure will do that!
08:41 AM on 06/06/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
the I call fives tracks are so great and the rust belt lights tracks are very heavy yet melodic...pretty good review but I don't quite understand the RIYL though
08:57 AM on 06/06/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
the I call fives tracks are so great and the rust belt lights tracks are very heavy yet melodic...pretty good review but I don't quite understand the RIYL though

Just saying anyone who likes pop punk woul probably like this
12:25 PM on 06/06/11
3ver So Sweet
User Info.
icf needs to put out a full length, it takes them forever to release things.
05:48 PM on 06/06/11
ShayDe
User Info.
agreed 9/10 for sure.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News