Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awful news...
10:07 PM on 06/12/11
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
I didn't realize they had so few artists on their roster, I thought they had more then they list.
01:05 AM on 06/13/11
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
Odd that FFTL is still listed.
even tdwp is also there
02:11 AM on 06/13/11
tuxiboy
Polarbear
User Info.
Jonny Craig is also removed from that list.
02:26 AM on 06/13/11
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
The two most interesting bands on their roster.

fuck you Rise
02:32 AM on 06/13/11
DUSTINtheWind
User Info.
How does a band that is 3/4 brothers go about breaking up?
I was thinking the exact same thing! Family problems? lol
06:11 AM on 06/13/11
ashtonisfalling
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pmtoday is by far my favorite band. Rise wasnt a good fit for them and didnt give them they support they deserve. The are probably the most talented band Rise has had, along with Oceana.

I have heard pmtoday is selling their van to help pay for their new cd and that their younger brother will start playing keys for them. They had a show here in Oklahoma City but had to cancel because Rise wanted them to continue working on their new cd. They had a three cd contract with Rise.

I really hope these guys get a break. They are the most humble guys I have ever met.
10:02 AM on 06/13/11
AprilFools
sometimes it HAS to be said.
User Info.
pmtoday is by far my favorite band. Rise wasnt a good fit for them and didnt give them they support they deserve. The are probably the most talented band Rise has had, along with Oceana.

I have heard pmtoday is selling their van to help pay for their new cd and that their younger brother will start playing keys for them. They had a show here in Oklahoma City but had to cancel because Rise wanted them to continue working on their new cd. They had a three cd contract with Rise.

I really hope these guys get a break. They are the most humble guys I have ever met.
Yeah, I remember them saying something about a 3 album contract. I keep thinking that Rise is gonna start a spin-off label or something (haters would have a nervous breakdown). I don't know how Rise draws up their contracts but usually when an artist signs a multi-album deal the label has to buy the band out (like what happened to Mariah Carey after Glitter tanked). If they're selling their van its because they've gone independent.

Which younger brother? Cuinn or Griffin? Cuinn plays guitar for them now and Griffin's like 15.
09:55 PM on 06/13/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Maybe they're starting a new imprint and signing more bands like these? Otherwise, Rise doesn't have much anymore...
12:08 AM on 06/15/11
Stayalive7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were kinda outcasts on the roster
06:48 AM on 06/16/11
Krazycev13
I tie a horrible knot.
User Info.
They were kinda outcasts on the roster
Because they were talented?
07:06 AM on 06/16/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Because they were talented?
Yup.
08:39 AM on 06/16/11
savestheday3x3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think they are just trying to get out of their contract with Rise...they got some crazy debt from the recording and packaging of their 2010 album.
Yeah but when fans are asking if they are breaking up, they are not responding. Silence from a band is ALWAYS bad news.
02:30 PM on 06/16/11
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah but when fans are asking if they are breaking up, they are not responding. Silence from a band is ALWAYS bad news.
They are under contract, that's likely why they are not allowed to voice the truth. I think they are done which is sad.
06:06 AM on 06/17/11
jorapigo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tides Of Man isn't done. Did you see the new demo "Spineless"? www.souncloud.com/tidesofman
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests