Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29
04:58 PM on 05/27/11
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
Ha I saw your comment and was like fuck you Joe, then I watched the video...

They had such potential in the Face the Fact days and then when New Years Day came about and Adam Lohrbach of Home Grown fame joined. These guys filled my chick fronted pop punk band niche when I wasn't about Paramore, but averaging 1.5 releases in a 6 year span or whatever it is then putting out an ep that sounds like this; come on!

I listened to some homegrown the other day, I wish they would inexplicably come back.
I think Adam is like a minister or something now.
05:16 PM on 05/27/11
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
Liked their first CD, but this sounds like Aiden. Ugh. And whatever happened to Headlines & Headstones? Will that ever seen an American release?

Japan onry. The only thing new on it was two covers. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode
10:31 PM on 05/27/11
rbf737
User Info.
I think Adam is like a minister or something now.
Yeah I heard that too. I think he's super settled down with a family, as well. That's why it would be particularly inexplicable if they somehow got back together tomorrow. Argh just sucks when a band breaks up just as they are making their best music, and I deem "When It All Comes Down" to be their best.
01:30 AM on 05/28/11
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Liked their first CD, but this sounds like Aiden. Ugh. And whatever happened to Headlines & Headstones? Will that ever seen an American release?
They started touring with Aiden and I think the Aiden guy is producing them now.

Yeah they should change their name.
01:45 AM on 05/28/11
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
They started touring with Aiden and I think the Aiden guy is producing them now.

Yeah they should change their name.
Not to mention Ash Costello was featured on a William Control song. I definitely grew out of Aiden, and this new route NYD are taking aren't going to hold my attention. Bleh.
01:51 AM on 05/28/11
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Also sidenote, she's kinda full of herself judging by my following her twitter and Tumblr for a good while last year before I got sick of it. Such a shame, I loved New Years Day and always hoped for the best before.
07:36 AM on 05/28/11
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
Whoa! I came into this thread pretty excited, but that clip doesn't even sound like the same band. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about bands progressing their sound, but damn.
07:36 AM on 05/28/11
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
this is produced by wil from aiden so i'm not surprised it sounds so uh, yeah.

i like my dear though. i have hope for this but not a lot

that explains a great many things
11:15 AM on 05/28/11
stand revealed
User Info.
They were tied up with legal stuff with TVT when it went under is why there was such a gap, but to come back as another bullshit Halloween band is dumb. The world has enough guyliner wearing batcore bands.
09:15 PM on 05/29/11
EamonKid
User Info.
where is adam and mike?
02:50 PM on 06/01/11
irememberhallow
User Info.
Well, seen the headline, got extra excited. Watched the clip, not bad. Not amazing but not bad. I definitely got that Aiden vibe but what do you expect? The two go hand in hand now. I haven't heard much of Aiden's new stuff but I seen them with Anti-Flag last year in January at the Bottom Lounge and they did a good set.

I will buy this new NYD record because I fucking love them. and I hope Ash being "full of herself" isn't true. We talked a few times via internet and she's seems pretty regular. Nerdy to the core.

I hope not a lot of their sound as changed. I mean..you can still be a bit heavy and sing pop punk lyrics and have some beats. If ADTR can be heavy with some pop..NYD can give it a whirl.
09:43 PM on 06/22/11
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Just gave the new EP a few listens and it's great. I love seeing bands drastically change their sound, especially for the better. Very cool stuff.

The chorus in "Let's Get Dead" reminds me of something off of Fenix TX's Lechuza. That's a high compliment.
10:33 PM on 06/22/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Yeah I hated this clip but liked the EP a lot. Weird.
04:03 PM on 08/05/11
kylekore
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums