Username
Password
Plus 44 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Plus 44
Inside AP.net

Plus 44 Recording Update

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (04/10/08)
Mark Hoppus (Plus 44) has posted an update regarding the recording of the band's new album.
Updatefor everyone like me who has been wondering what’s going on with the +44’s, here’s the deal. this whole time we’ve been continuing to write and demo ideas on our own. the only thing is we’ve been waiting for the label to fund the recording, and this just came through. i understand everyone wondering what’s the deal, and believe me a lot has happened that i haven’t posted the minutia of. do you like how i ended that last sentence in a preposition? in any case, all is good. we’re just guys writing songs. but we’re gonna flip it this time around. now just for fun i’m going to really confuse the issue and go back to saying we’re recording an electronic album with me, travis, and carol. and we’re recording the album in brazil. but truthfully, thanks for the support and interest and know that we’re here working as always, and as always we’re creative people with a lot of ideas and energies. but nothing is closer to our hearts than recording our own music.

Submitted by garlicgirl1210

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 80
04:14 AM on 04/10/08
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
That lost me.

I just want a new album, or at least a demo. Please.
04:17 AM on 04/10/08
Blink Me
Without Me It's Just Aweso
User Info.
Yeah, this "update" doesn't make a whole lot of since. Mark's still the man though.
04:18 AM on 04/10/08
HenryMiller
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
doesn't seem like +44 is a focal point for any of these guys
04:26 AM on 04/10/08
SanePsychotic
Queerkegaard
User Info.
Sounds like a lot of "blah blah blah". Seriously Mark, when are we to expect an album?
04:29 AM on 04/10/08
sdbrown
I'll let you in something secret
User Info.
So...huh?

I'm looking forward to their next release. Mark's lyrics on the last one were excellent and the music was enjoyable.
04:40 AM on 04/10/08
koala72
User Info.
Mark you are so sexy
hehe
04:44 AM on 04/10/08
I.O pt 2
User Info.
Princess Leia, where are you tonight?
And who's laying there by your side?
Every night I fall asleep with you
And I wake up alone
04:53 AM on 04/10/08
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
Haha, I love Mark.
05:05 AM on 04/10/08
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
hang on...
so he blasted tom for wanting to record buy himself so that he could be with his family more.
and now +44 are doing it?
seems a bit hypocritical.

that being said, i love mark and i have no doubts that he will produce some really catchy songs.
also, did they ever release a second single from WHYSB?
i've only ever seen the WHYSB video, and the chapter XIII one (but that didnt really air on tv).
05:15 AM on 04/10/08
LouderThanBombs
Fuck NSA
User Info.
Mark's a cool guy, but I don't know...it seems like +44 isn't much of a priority at all for any of them, which is fine with me, but at least admit it. Mark's a damn good producer/songwriter, maybe he should just do that for a few years until something really strikes him.
05:32 AM on 04/10/08
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
That's good to hear. I wish they'd have videos of studio updates like they did with Cheetah for the last Blink record. I was always so excited to watch those.
06:21 AM on 04/10/08
Greg
User Info.
hang on...
so he blasted tom for wanting to record buy himself so that he could be with his family more.
and now +44 are doing it?
seems a bit hypocritical.

that being said, i love mark and i have no doubts that he will produce some really catchy songs.
also, did they ever release a second single from WHYSB?
i've only ever seen the WHYSB video, and the chapter XIII one (but that didnt really air on tv).
when did Mark blast Tom about his family?
06:33 AM on 04/10/08
stevecrumb
i know everything
User Info.
i don't understand why people are saying that they're not doing anything and it seems like they're worried about other stuff. his update just said they've been writing and demo-ing and waiting for funding from their label. maybe there's something wrong with me, but it seemed pretty clear what he was saying.
06:36 AM on 04/10/08
thespearkid
Take Care.
User Info.
I wasn't aware anyone seriously listened to +44...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos