Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: New Heartsounds Track Premiere

Posted by: Drew Beringer (07/05/11)
Today we are bringing you some new music from California pop-punk band Heartsounds. The new track, titled "Elements," features Jason Cruz of Strung Out off their upcoming new record, Drifters, which hits stores on July 26th. You can check out the song over at their profile page, and you can preorder the album here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
12:14 PM on 07/05/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Until We Surrender is one of those albums where, while it's pretty decent and there's a handful of tracks I like, it sort of blurs into one long song and I'm really sick of it by the time it's over. This song sounds like they're staying the course, so we'll see what happens... but I'm sure I'll buy the album anyway, so they win in the end haha.
01:19 PM on 07/05/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Based on the two tracks they've released thus far? It sounds like they're already doing a better job at having tracks "stick out" a bit more on this release. This track definitely benefits from Jason Cruz's vocals. They're subtle, but add a nice touch.
01:24 PM on 07/05/11
Montauk1222
Your 3-time APWP Champion
User Info.
Digging this track
01:46 PM on 07/05/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Until We Surrender is one of those albums where, while it's pretty decent and there's a handful of tracks I like, it sort of blurs into one long song and I'm really sick of it by the time it's over. This song sounds like they're staying the course, so we'll see what happens... but I'm sure I'll buy the album anyway, so they win in the end haha.
This is perfectly stated. Like I started out like wow this band rules and near the end of the album I was really bored
02:10 PM on 07/05/11
PlanetDahmz
User Info.
I LOVE Until We Surrender as a whole, even though I definitely think the first half is much better than the second.

That said, the 2 songs they have released are amazing.
02:18 PM on 07/05/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Awesome! Looking forward to the new record. And seeing them in exactly one week when they play with Living With Lions!
02:43 PM on 07/05/11
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
I like their music ok, but it would take me seeing them live to really click with the songs, and it doesn't look like they're coming around here anytime soon.
02:55 PM on 07/05/11
redhaze
User Info.
Well, Jason Cruz certainly brings it as usual, and this one is definitely a step up from the title track. Still, I must say I find myself a tad underwhelmed with the first two songs from this album. I just found the first album to be so good for a first album, now that these new songs are sounding very similar with really little progression I think I'm finding myself a bit disappointed.

More a problem with inflated expectations perhaps then really anything wrong with the songs themselves. That said, I think there are several songs on the first album that are better than either of the two that have been released. End of the day I'm sure its still going to be a good album, and I'll still be buying it.
04:29 PM on 07/05/11
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
Listening now. I love this band! Hope they blow up like TWY has.
05:06 PM on 07/05/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Not bad. Still think they sound like pre-FbR Swellers.
08:26 PM on 07/05/11
mrzippo3
User Info.
My thoughts have never been summed up by someone else so well before.
08:44 PM on 07/05/11
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Just really like this band for what they are really. Im just a sucker for the 2 different vocalists thing... I really liked this track alot more than the first track off this album. Seeing them this Sunday night, stoked!
08:54 PM on 07/05/11
hiya
User Info.
sounds good, album should be good. hopefully Epitaph gives them a little push.
02:14 AM on 07/06/11
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
I want to see them live :/
One of my favorite bands since 2010 :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives