AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Kid Liberty - Give Up. Give In. Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 6.75
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 76%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7.92
Lyrics 7.33
Production 8.92
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 7.83
Reviewer Tilt 9
Average: 81%
Inside AP.net

Kid Liberty - Give Up. Give In.

Reviewed by: Ryan Gardner (07/07/11)
Kid LibertyGive Up. Give In.
Record Label: Bullet Tooth Records
Release Date: July 12, 2011

Kid Liberty’s debut record, Fight With Your Fists, was a nice introduction to another band combining hardcore influences with pop-punk jams. Returning on a more amusing, relaxed note, however, Kid Liberty have decided to have some fun with their latest offering, Give Up. Give In.. Clearly made to just be an entertaining offering for fans, this EP includes one new song, a cover of the ever-so-popular “Fuck You,” and two acoustic tracks.

The new track, “Give Me Alan Or Give Me Death,” would fit perfectly on Fight With Your Fists, containing the same aggressive vocal delivery and heavy instrumentation. The song is raw and in your face; it’s fast-paced and doesn’t skip a beat. Sure to leave fans excited for Kid Liberty’s official sophomore record, “Give Me Alan” leaves listeners anxious to hear more new material.

Following this comes the fun cuts. The “Fuck You” cover is very different from the original version, as the stellar guitar play and gruff vocals prove to be an ideal combination here. The dual vocal delivery also adds to the cover, making it even more enjoyable. If you’re a fan of either the original song or this band, this cover will most likely be to your taste. On the other hand, the acoustic version of “The Situation” is entirely different from any song from Kid Liberty’s past – even the original – as the acoustic strumming accents Trey Sexton’s soft, clean vocal performance, proving his genuine skill as a vocalist. Likewise, soft guitar plucks resonate throughout the acoustic “The Suspense Is Killing Me.” As the track picks up, it carries a foot-tapping-effect, and this time, the guitar play of Ben Wesson and Chase Woods really shines.

Clearly, the acoustic tracks are sure to be favorites in Kid Liberty’s discography, for the final minute of “The Suspense Is Killing Me” is the most memorable piece of music the band has composed. The new track will also excite fans for what comes next for the band, and the Cee Lo cover may turn some heads as well. Although clearly just a fun EP, Give Up. Give In. leaves the floor open for Kid Liberty’s next effort, which is sure to be a solid continuation from Fight With Your Fists.

Recommended If You LikeFight With Your Fists; cover songs and acoustic tracks; Four Year Strong; Set Your Goals

Additional Information
Track Listing:
1. Give Me Alan Or Give Me Death
2. Fuck You (Cee Lo Green Cover)
3. The Situation (Acoustic)
4. The Suspense Is Killing Me (Acoustic)

Kid Liberty are:
Trey Sexton – Vocals
Ben Wesson – Guitar
Chase Woods – Guitar
Isaac Lamb – Drums
Matt Neal – Bass

Myspace

Follow Me On Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/RyanGardnerC

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
08:32 AM on 07/07/11
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
Fight With Your Fists was such a fun album, I look forward to this and their next full length. Nothing but love for Kid Liberty, great review.
09:19 AM on 07/07/11
Shoorty0690
User Info.
Couldn't have reviewed it better myself. Their full-length is awesome, and the new EP shows they're not going anywhere. Great band, great dudes, great music. More please!
09:28 AM on 07/07/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Couldn't have reviewed it better myself. Their full-length is awesome, and the new EP shows they're not going anywhere. Great band, great dudes, great music. More please!

all of this.
love this band.
09:37 AM on 07/07/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I really want this. Anyone know if it is digital only?
09:40 AM on 07/07/11
tippy325
User Info.
Their debut album really sounds a lot like ADTR to me.. Except fifty-two times better.
09:52 AM on 07/07/11
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
User Info.
I really want this. Anyone know if it is digital only?
digital only & vinyl later this summer.
01:50 PM on 07/07/11
encmetalhead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Score is about right but you gave the cover a positive spin when it's not really that great of a cover.
01:52 PM on 07/07/11
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Score is about right but you gave the cover a positive spin when it's not really that great of a cover.
Well I hate the original so to me, this version was good
02:20 PM on 07/07/11
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I didn't know KL had anything "new" coming out. They're some cool guys so I'll check this out.
02:22 PM on 07/07/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
I don't know why you reviewed a 4 song EP but what you said about it was good. They're such a promising band
02:28 PM on 07/07/11
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
I don't know why you reviewed a 4 song EP but what you said about it was good. They're such a promising band
It's no different than reviewing any EP
02:50 PM on 07/07/11
encmetalhead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well I hate the original so to me, this version was good
I kinda hate the original too but still.

Take this as a fun joke cover it's good for a laugh but the ending (as i said in my review on my site) is very chaotic and leaves the listener wondering what in the world they just heard
08:37 PM on 07/07/11
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i kind of enjoy this but this sound is slowly getting more and more tired
02:57 PM on 07/08/11
tylerschnizzle
Freelance Thinker
User Info.
shhh
Options