Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Gaslight Anthem
Inside AP.net

Brian Fallon Talks New Album

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (07/27/11)
In a new interview with New York Magazine, Brian Fallon discusses, among other things, what to expect from The Gaslight Anthem next year.
InterviewA little bit of a return to our older stuff, like The '59 Sound and a little bit of the Senor and the Queen, that EP we put out. The '59 Sound is one of those things Iím always chasing to make something as good as [again]. Iím also chasing to leave it alone because itís perfect the way it is ... Guys like Bruce, and Neil Young, and Bob Dylan, theyíve done something great, and then done something great again that was different. But then you find guys that have not. I donít want to say anybodyís name because that would be weird, but theyíre chasing something that they once were great at. Iím not sure whether weíre on the former or the latter. Our fate has not been told yet.

Submitted by AP_Punk

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
10:17 AM on 07/27/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
If the new disc sounds anything like Senor and the Queen I'll lose my mind. That's my favorite release from them.
10:17 AM on 07/27/11
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes
10:18 AM on 07/27/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
And for the record if you people aren't reading Vulture on a regular basis I highly recommend it.
10:20 AM on 07/27/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
If the new disc sounds anything like Senor and the Queen I'll lose my mind. That's my favorite release from them.
Same!
10:23 AM on 07/27/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
this, and considering it will be their fourth album... why not a live dvd then ?
10:25 AM on 07/27/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Well, not to shit on his parade, but he shouldn't compare himself or his band to any of the three names mentioned. That's just my opinion, of course.
10:26 AM on 07/27/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Awe hell yeah. Most anticipated next year
10:27 AM on 07/27/11
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
this, and considering it will be their fourth album... why not a live dvd then ?
i think the guys in the band are totally up for something like that. i know brian's mentioned it a few times in the past. it'll happen along the way, i'm sure.

would watch that thing over and over.
10:32 AM on 07/27/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Well, not to shit on his parade, but he shouldn't compare himself or his band to any of the three names mentioned. That's just my opinion, of course.
He didn't.
10:34 AM on 07/27/11
Evan123
User Info.
The fuck not? Brian's songwriting abilities will be up with the greats soon enough, I'm sick of having these famous songwriters on these unreachable pedestals.
10:36 AM on 07/27/11
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't know if this is news or if anyone cares but there is a live recording of Biloxi Parish that sounds pretty close to being studio quality

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7i83f854vvish1
10:37 AM on 07/27/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
10:39 AM on 07/27/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The fuck not? Brian's songwriting abilities will be up with the greats soon enough, I'm sick of having these famous songwriters on these unreachable pedestals.

Maybe you should take a look at the list of names again. Again, it's my opinion, but aside from that, Gaslight has released, what, three albums? Not trying to argue my opinion here anyway.
10:41 AM on 07/27/11
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
He's not comparing himself. He's striving to be like them.

And anyway, I'm stoked.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News