Username
Password

Comments: Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 169 of 169
06:08 PM on 05/30/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Pitchfork posted their review today if you're interested. As we thought, they dont praise the album as we do, but I think their assessment is fair. Plus, it's written my Ian - one their better, balanced writers.
I thought the Pitchfork review was fair but, despite the 'average' rating, it failed to focus on a couple of key elements, namely any key tracks (surely even the biggest naysayer must enjoy the title track).
One problem I have with the album is it lacks a final punch like The River, fading out rather than exiting with a bang. It seems as though the first half is mostly rock and the second half is slower and more indie sounding. The Pitchfork reviewer doesn't say which he likes more, or whether he feels it affects the flow.
08:51 PM on 06/12/11
danman
is looking at you, kid.
User Info.
This album is absolutely brilliant, I can't stop listening to it. Simple Math, Leave It Alone, and Pensacola are my top 3 tracks.
09:49 PM on 08/09/11
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I had a feeling this would happen after their last record, but the bands going in a direction which just doen't work for me. Their older stuff was more intimate and heavier. New stuff is more rock n rollish, which I find borring as fuck
12:26 PM on 08/16/11
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
I enjoy this record, Apprehension is my favorite track, but it doesn't touch I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child in my opinion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos