Username
Password
Rx Bandits News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rx Bandits
Inside AP.net

AP.net Remembers: RX Bandits

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (08/12/11)
This week marked the end of the RX Bandits' farewell run. I was more than fortunate enough to see the guys play one last time at the end of June at the very beginning of the tour, and I've been working on the way to express what the band has meant to me since picking up Progress for the first time so many years ago. As some of you may or may not know, my original username for the site was duffmanrxbandit. Head here to read my thoughts on the show, some quotes from Matt Embree about the band's music and influences and even some words from the users of AP.net. Definitely let us and the band know what you thought about the last run (for now).

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
11:48 AM on 08/12/11
bobbo8
@RM_Mathews
User Info.
Was super bummed I didn't get to either night they played in Boston. Didn't Choi say they weren't done as a band but they just weren't touring anymore?
11:50 AM on 08/12/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Was super bummed I didn't get to either night they played in Boston. Didn't Choi say they weren't done as a band but they just weren't touring anymore?
yes. that's why I said (for now). they're just bowing out politely and who knows what the future will bring.
11:50 AM on 08/12/11
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
they're on a hiatus, not breaking up
11:55 AM on 08/12/11
nickstetina
User Info.
Really glad I was fortunate enough to see their Chicago date.
11:57 AM on 08/12/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Saw them a few times and have grown to love the band over the years, a bit sad I missed this final run though
11:58 AM on 08/12/11
k-murda
User Info.
Endless love for these guys. They'll be missed. Thank you for my first tour ever Matt & Chris!
11:58 AM on 08/12/11
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
It Is Too Soon For This

edit: all caps fail
12:01 PM on 08/12/11
Chalie22
User Info.
I saw ther last philly show. They went out with a bang. I always supported this band because they made real music that meant something to me. Good luck in all your future endeavors.
12:02 PM on 08/12/11
topsecret
User Info.
Saw them in Santa Cruz, Long Beach, & LA on this last tour. Amazing band. Great dudes. I might have cried a couple times. Ha. Hope to see these guys around again. 10+ years is more than you get from most bands though. Much love....
12:13 PM on 08/12/11
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Phenomenal band. Sad I missed the tour.
12:16 PM on 08/12/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Saw them in Chicago and it was hands down one of the top 3 concerts I've ever attended and easily the best I've gone to all summer. I'll miss them while they are away but I'll always be eagerly awaiting their return. Such a great band that I've been in love with for so long.
12:19 PM on 08/12/11
sargenthouse
User Info.
HISTORICAL BAND. that is all.
12:42 PM on 08/12/11
Markus1186
Another yellow to relax
User Info.
Next summer just won't be the same when there isn't that usual RX date circled on my calender :(
01:11 PM on 08/12/11
stuffsux00
User Info.
ahh stop reminding me!! i saw the last two shows in Pomona and SF. still refuse to take off the wrist bands.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums