Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 315.
09:44 AM on 08/24/11
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Impressed as always when it comes to your work buddy. I hope this album is as good as you and Jason make it out to be.
09:45 AM on 08/24/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Odds that 99% of the comments will be about the score? Instead of the really well written review for the damn right fantastic album.

The score means very little compared to what the album itself is ... it's a masterpiece, and I think it just may be Mr. Fallon's "opus." At least so far. Great review TommyBoy.
Well when you see The Cab getting a score of 95 don't be shocked when people start questioning your scoring system. That being said, this is a great review and Brian Fallon is a great artist so hopefully this is more than deserved.

Edit. I'm fully aware the reviews were by different authors. And I don't mean to go off topic, excited to hear this record.
09:46 AM on 08/24/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
This will probably be in my top 1 albums list this year.
09:48 AM on 08/24/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
1) awesome review
2) inb4 skore gripe
3) am I the only staff member not to hear this
4) other staff members - give this to me!!!!!!
09:52 AM on 08/24/11
AlexJLow
User Info.
Great review Thomas. I have a strong feeling this will top my albums of the year next week. Also comes out the day after my Birthday, perfect present.
09:53 AM on 08/24/11
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Love the Springsteen parallels, Thomas. Really looking forward to this: I've loved the Gaslight Anthem records, but Fallon has yet to break into the realm of my favorite musicians. Hoping this record will place him among the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Butch Walker in my own personal hall of fame.
09:54 AM on 08/24/11
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
Confirm or deny this sounds anything like Afghan Whigs?
09:55 AM on 08/24/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
While it didn't have quite the impact on me (I'd prefer Gaslight any day of the week), that was a fantastic review. Probably the best I've seen from you. Keep it up!
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Behind War Paint this is my most anticipated release of the year. After reading Jason's praise of the album a little while ago and now this, I cannot control my excitement. Great review, I'm really looking forward to hearing Fallon make "use of his considerable vocal talent" on this album. Color me excited.
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Never listened to this band but I just checked them out and I'm digging them. Definitely get a Gaslight Anthem vibe from them.
09:58 AM on 08/24/11
nerd_drummer
Back off, man. I'm a scientist!
User Info.
Great review. I barely even listen to The Gaslight Anthem and this makes me want to pick this up without even hearing a single track.
10:00 AM on 08/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Confirm or deny this sounds anything like Afghan Whigs?
Not enough experience with Afghan Whigs to draw parallels to any great extent.
While it didn't have quite the impact on me (I'd prefer Gaslight any day of the week), that was a fantastic review. Probably the best I've seen from you. Keep it up!
Thank you sir! Always trying to improve. With the TWY review and this one, I think that's my next gear as far as writing goes. It makes a huge difference when you have a month or so to listen to a record - instead of judging it, you're basically writing an opinion on a record that you already know like the back of your hand.
10:03 AM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Great Review. Seriously. Thomas, you write some of the most inspired reviews on the site and that's not lip service.

One thing I will say: I really wonder how often throughout the course of a year, people proclaim something "the best album of the year". I'd just like to see a review that didn't stack a record alongside all other records released in a given year. It's August - lets give it til December to write lists.
10:03 AM on 08/24/11
theotheryabs
There's a Melody in Everything
User Info.
Before I read the review: Holy fuck 99

Edit: Well written review. I'm now expecting this to top Suburbia, which I didn't think was gonna happen this year.
10:05 AM on 08/24/11
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
I got goosebumps on that last line
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music