AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 315.
12:45 PM on 08/24/11
Rodeo
User Info.
Can't fucking wait. Great review, Thomas. Spot on.
01:00 PM on 08/24/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
The new Thrice album will be my 99% this year, I imagine, but I will definitely give this a thorough listen. Especially after hearing it has a Please Come Home vibe.
01:01 PM on 08/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
The new Thrice album will be my 99% this year, I imagine. But I will definitely give this a thorough listen. Especially after hearing it has a Please Come Home vibe.
I feel as though these things can not be predicted. I was anticipating this record, but I was not expecting it to be nearly this good.
01:09 PM on 08/24/11
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
I'm completely not surprised by this excellently written review and the score. Album sounds like it'll define my Fall/Winter, so excited.
01:12 PM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
I know you might not have been calling me out specifically - but this year, in reviews I've written, there is a casual mention in the Balance & Composure review of it being one of the best records of the year, and I hailed the Wonder Years record, obviously. But the TWY review was more general, and I never called it AOTY. This is the record I call my AOTY because I know it won't change.
Yeah, that wasn't a shot at you specifically - just an observation and criticism of reviews in general. (I'm certainly guilty of it too, btw.)
01:13 PM on 08/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yeah, that wasn't a shot at you specifically - just an observation and criticism of reviews in general. (I'm certainly guilty of it too, btw.)
Everyone is a little.
01:15 PM on 08/24/11
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Hey, that review made me want to go listen to that album again. Awful punctuation aside.

Heh.
Yeah, i remember reading that review too - gonna grace us with a review of the new blink 182 album? Don't think you've written one yourself in a long time!
01:23 PM on 08/24/11
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I had no idea Brian Fallon was doing a side project. Love GLA, so probably will check this out.
01:25 PM on 08/24/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Yeah, i remember reading that review too - gonna grace us with a review of the new blink 182 album? Don't think you've written one yourself in a long time!
Unless Jason wants to review it, you'll be stuck reading that review as written by me instead haha.
01:30 PM on 08/24/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
I feel as though these things can not be predicted. I was anticipating this record, but I was not expecting it to be nearly this good.
Oops, didn't word that well at all. What I meant to say was that I'm highly anticipating both records, but I imagine I will like the Thrice album more. Of course, I'm going to let the music do the talking :)
01:44 PM on 08/24/11
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
99% ROFL absolutely fuckin' ridiculous.
01:53 PM on 08/24/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
Lol, you gave it a 99%? Might as well have been 100%, but then again, I don't believe in 100%'s on any piece of writing or music.
02:08 PM on 08/24/11
Turkelton8
User Info.
Awesome review. You're not making it any easier to wait till Sept 6th!
02:24 PM on 08/24/11
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
From The Review You Didn't Read All The Way Through And although I already basically held this opinion, what Elsie proves is that it’s time to place faith in Brian Fallon. He’s proven himself multiple times over now as a premier songwriter, a passionate vocalist and a poetic lyricist. Beyond all that, though, is the sentiment that Fallon is a reason to be excited about rock and roll music. The humble New Brunswick native is playing the same music he grew up listening to, but he’s leaving very much his own unique branding on it. The comparisons to rock and roll apostles before him may never end, but the future is just as bright as the past is legendary.

Brian Fallon is the future – and very much the present – of rock and roll.

We should put a moratorium on people who don't get to the end of a review. Or maybe make users take a test on reading comprehension before letting them comment.
Comparing Brian Fallon to Springsteen is like comparing Chris Brown or Usher to Michael Jackson.

I'm sure it's a great album and believe the review, but I'm with the other guy, every article or review written about Fallon or Gaslight always brings up Springsteen, it's unnecessary. It's not Nebraska or Darkness on the Edge of Town and he's not Springsteen.
02:31 PM on 08/24/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Woah. I will check this out.

I kinda lost interest in TGA and Fallon after their last record.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests