AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Drum Cover Contest

Posted by - 04:33 PM on 09/09/11
Jon Wilkes from The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and DW Drums are giving away a free DW drum set and DW hardware to the person who can do the best drum track to an instrumental of their single. Details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50
04:34 PM on 09/09/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
04:50 PM on 09/09/11
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Stupid stupid concept. First of all, somebody who could do a drum cover of the song probably doesn't need a drumset and someone who would need the drumset wouldn't have one to try and perform the cover
04:52 PM on 09/09/11
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
I'll pass.
04:53 PM on 09/09/11
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Stupid stupid concept. First of all, somebody who could do a drum cover of the song probably doesn't need a drumset and someone who would need the drumset wouldn't have one to try and perform the cover
Plus it's for Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
05:05 PM on 09/09/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
not to be a bitch, but you might want to edit so that it reads "PDP drum set". for the drummers out there haha.
05:12 PM on 09/09/11
athdrummer19
User Info.
The Jon Wilkes Drummer vs. DJ shit really bugs me because he's basically just ripping off the exact idea of what Travis Barker and DJ AM did.. Except both of them were talented.
05:21 PM on 09/09/11
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
User Info.

That's what I fucking thought too. So dumb. Should email them and say "I'd like to enter the contest, but do not have a drum set. I'm sure you can find a winner who owns a set already"!
05:21 PM on 09/09/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

That's not true!
05:22 PM on 09/09/11
_veges_
User Info.
Well I would like another drum set, but the contest involves listening to this band so.....
05:23 PM on 09/09/11
Rob McWilliams
User Info.
That's what I fucking thought too. So dumb. Should email them and say "I'd like to enter the contest, but do not have a drum set. I'm sure you can find a winner who owns a set already"!

The real part of the contest is having to play along to an RJA song without wanting to vomit.
06:14 PM on 09/09/11
maxswellrevenge
Registered Member
User Info.
^^^ all these comments are pretty comedy.

I'm a drummer myself and i think this guys pretty good. atleast it's some rock and roll and not the drummer of the maine or something having a contest, I'd fall asleep playing one of their songs.
06:16 PM on 09/09/11
Rob McWilliams
User Info.
^^^ all these comments are pretty comedy.

I'm a drummer myself and i think this guys pretty good. atleast it's some rock and roll and not the drummer of the maine or something having a contest, I'd fall asleep playing one of their songs.

I wouldn't exactly call Red Jumpsuit rock and roll...
06:24 PM on 09/09/11
Crowe41
A man, a plan, a canal, Panama.
User Info.
Actually that drummer is pretty sick. I agree though, I would love to win a drums set because I DON"T HAVE DRUMS. The rich just keep getting richer.
07:18 PM on 09/09/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Chances are if you know how to play to RJA you have a pretty decent drumset to begin with. Oh, the inhumanity...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos