Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 315
12:54 PM on 09/09/11
owiseone35
You need human heat
User Info.
While I think this album is better than American Slang, I must say I am a little underwhelmed with this album. I think I am the only person but after about 12 spins I really can't stand "Behold The Hurricane" or "Mary Ann". On Gaslight's albums I love the songs where it is just Mr. Fallon and his guitar. "Here's Looking At You Kid", "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts" and "She Loves You" are probably in my top 8 GA songs but I don't know I just really don't enjoy Elsie as much as I wanted to. Though, "Cherry Blossoms" and "Blood Loss" are amazing songs.
07:39 PM on 09/10/11
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
This album is flawless
07:18 PM on 09/11/11
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Finally gave this a spin.

I'll be the first to admit to not being a fan of TGA for whatever reason (unlike nearly everyone on AP). However, I have to say, this record absolutely blew me away. It's phenomenal. Wow.
12:54 PM on 09/16/11
Gaslitfairytale
User Info.
Finally got around to listening to this album from start to finish, and holy. I mean people can launch into some fit about this albums flaws and imperfections. Long very detailed paragraphs, but the way this album hit me - to me it was flawless. So the haters can hate, but this album is really fantastic.
10:56 PM on 09/23/11
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Spent $15 buying this CD today so I hope it's amazing. Haha.
05:00 PM on 09/29/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Ladykiller and Blood Loss are clear highlights for me, though the low points are still quite good. The weakest track is Mary Ann imo.
05:06 PM on 09/29/11
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Let it grow on you. Let it into your life.
I took your advice -- though I was going to let it grow on me anyway -- and it really does just get better and better. I'm constantly switching it with Father, Son, Holy Ghost by Girls in my car CD player and they might be the two best albums of the year. Have you given the Girls record a spin?
07:45 PM on 07/03/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I think I'm the only member - especially staffer - on AP that isn't a fan of TGA. I guess I'll still check this out though.

Great review Nassiff
I'm re-reading this thread while I write my Handwritten review and I decided to quote this because of how much you like Gaslight now haha.
09:30 PM on 07/03/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I'm re-reading this thread while I write my Handwritten review and I decided to quote this because of how much you like Gaslight now haha.
Haha seriously I spin all three Gaslight records weekly, and I adore Elsie now, too. Man was I missing out

I want to hear Handwritten :(
03:55 PM on 06/30/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
This may always be my favorite thing Brian Fallon has done.
11:33 AM on 07/01/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
This may always be my favorite thing Brian Fallon has done.
honestly kinda agree
11:36 AM on 07/01/14
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
this is by a good amount my favorite Fallon project. his lyrics have never been as fantastic, and this is the perfect music for days in the late Fall.
11:41 AM on 07/01/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Have you heard Get Hurt yet?

Also, review holds up really, really well (as much as the album). It's weird that their live album is what brought me back to this one, and how much it resonated with me this year.
12:41 PM on 07/01/14
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Have you heard Get Hurt yet?

Also, review holds up really, really well (as much as the album). It's weird that their live album is what brought me back to this one, and how much it resonated with me this year.
have not heard it yet. thanks for saying that. definitely one of the reviews i look back on from time to time.
12:53 PM on 07/01/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
have not heard it yet. thanks for saying that. definitely one of the reviews i look back on from time to time.
Excited to hear your thoughts (as I'm assuming you'll be reviewing it?)- the title track is certainly one of my favorite things the band has ever done. I've always been a little slow coming around to Gaslight albums, and I do think I enjoy their slower, moodier material more (which makes me interested in the record).

Of course, I've always thought your longform reviews were some of the better material on the site.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos