AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Drama News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Endwell Responds to Emmure

Posted by - 05:54 PM on 05/29/08
Endwell made a statement about getting booted off the Mosh Lives tour. Emmure responded. And now, Endwell is firing back with the statement below. Doesn't look like this will end well, does it?
This Time It's Personalso we tried to keep this as impersonal as possible due to the fact that emmure were at one time good friends of ours. but apparently that is no longer the case.

a) when we signed to victory we were actually on tour with emmure, and yes of course we were beyond excited to be signed as any band would be. from day ONE we pushed emmure to the victory staff as much as we could. giving staff members cd's and shirts and hyping them up....because that's what friends do. when we were told we were going into the studio in 4 weeks we handed emmure a FULLY booked US tour w/ Farewell To Freeway that our old bass player had booked himself(due to the fact that we had recording obligations) every chance we got we would try to help get their name out there...whether it mean wearing their shirts in promos or talking about them in interviews at one point we were even considered 'brother-bands'

b) in response to emmure's statements about our Hollywood recording budget.: we didn't get a say in the matter, the studio time was booked and the director was chosen for us.bottom line. we were immediately disgusted by the budget and the outcome and because of that we made it a point to record our next release on a much smaller budget in fact it was 1/40th of the victory budget! we started recording it with no labels in mind and we had our friends Bryan Goldsman and Aram Abgharian record and mix it for us...we figured we could do things right and be able to help out some up and coming engineer/producers/friends...and we're very happy with the outcome. Once we
recorded it we decided to work with a smaller label that has integrity and passion for music and even a some compassion for human beings as well.

c) as for shit talking: i think emmure did enough of that in their statement which began "Let me first start by saying we as a band have been friends with these guys for a while so this is in no way partial to one side or another" and then proceeded to bash us for 5 paragraphs. i think its obvious that someone was influencing their words.

we don't have to sit here and 'tarnish' anything facts speak for themselves
I think its apparent whose true colors are shining through in this situation.

theres nothing else to say. this whole situation sucks, when we left the tour it was all hugs and friendly goodbyes the best way to put it is in the words of John Joseph, "musicians are just assholes waiting to happen"

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 130
05:54 PM on 05/29/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I do believe it's on.

Props to the original person who came up with the "doesn't look like this is gonna end well" pun. That was for you.
05:56 PM on 05/29/08
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
Yes.
05:58 PM on 05/29/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
If you know me, you know I love a good horrible pun, this one is great KUDOS
05:59 PM on 05/29/08
June_Bug
My mailbox's full of bombs
User Info.
05:59 PM on 05/29/08
ActionActionFan
A New Day
User Info.
I think that Endwell has the better side of the arguement but both bands and victory are idiots.
06:04 PM on 05/29/08
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
When keeping it real goes wrong...
06:05 PM on 05/29/08
trainwreck89
User Info.
this is getting intense haha. i remember seeing these both bands play together last year in the bronx and they had nothing but love and support for each other. kinda sucks to see this happen
i feel like tony brummel had a HUGE influence on that emmure statement
06:06 PM on 05/29/08
alann
Let's go get 'em
User Info.
06:07 PM on 05/29/08
tm decomposer
KEMBA WALKER 4 PREZ!!
User Info.
06:08 PM on 05/29/08
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
this is getting intense haha. i remember seeing these both bands play together last year in the bronx and they had nothing but love and support for each other. kinda sucks to see this happen
i feel like tony brummel had a HUGE influence on that emmure statement
most likely
06:08 PM on 05/29/08
Criesofthepast7
oh word?
User Info.
Finally something interesting happened around here, I wonder if this is gonna continue on?
06:14 PM on 05/29/08
CTMarshall
You guys are walking in slo-mo?
User Info.
Battle Royale!!
06:17 PM on 05/29/08
tendollarday
SONGS Music Publishing
User Info.
apparently both bands don't believe in using punctuation.
06:19 PM on 05/29/08
NoSurprises
User Info.
This is absolutely ridiculous. The bands are embarrassing themselves so much...
This is pretty interesting to watch though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos