Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

With The Punches Cancel UK Tour

Posted by: Dre Okorley (10/05/11)
With The Punches have cancelled their UK tour.
Quote"It seems bitter sweet but we are proud to announce we will be Releasing our debute full length record in the US on Doghouse records. Unfortunately because of schedule and line up changes in the band we are now going to be unable to tour in the UK come January 2012. We hope that you will understand that this only in the benefit of writing the best record we possibly can and we *truly* wish we could make this possible as first planned.2012 will bring a lot of amazing things for us and we plan to make up these tours to you this year with a brand new and stronger family backing us.We are sincerely sorry for the second time and we hope that you all can understand that this will only make us stronger and more available next year for the UK."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
02:36 PM on 10/05/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
Pulled out of Slam Dunk this year, and now this tour, I wanted to see this band but I'm not even gonna bother attempting anymore.
02:53 PM on 10/05/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I wish I would have seen them on their last tour with Carridale.
02:57 PM on 10/05/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
Pulled out of Slam Dunk this year, and now this tour, I wanted to see this band but I'm not even gonna bother attempting anymore.
you shouldn't have anything against them dude, they aren't big at all, you should be surprised that they even were supposed to tour the UK
03:01 PM on 10/05/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
you shouldn't have anything against them dude, they aren't big at all, you should be surprised that they even were supposed to tour the UK
Wonders Years toured here about 3 or 4 times before The Upsides came out.

I Call Fives toured here with only one EP.

I could go on but the point is loads of bands do it, but if the band can't do the tour, don't book it. Simple as.
03:05 PM on 10/05/11
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I had no clue they were even set to go back after that whole fiasco last time. Never even saw them annouce it. Sucks they haven't made it over there yet though for all those wanting to see them. Also, in that article, they mention line-up changes. Who left?
03:25 PM on 10/05/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Looking forward to the full length.
03:30 PM on 10/05/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
I had no clue they were even set to go back after that whole fiasco last time. Never even saw them annouce it. Sucks they haven't made it over there yet though for all those wanting to see them. Also, in that article, they mention line-up changes. Who left?
wondering the same thing.
03:42 PM on 10/05/11
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Well Sam is no longer listed on their facebook. Weird. He wrote all the songs on the ep
04:07 PM on 10/05/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Not sure, but maybe that's why they can't complete their tour?
04:13 PM on 10/05/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
Wonders Years toured here about 3 or 4 times before The Upsides came out.

I Call Fives toured here with only one EP.

I could go on but the point is loads of bands do it, but if the band can't do the tour, don't book it. Simple as.

You know nothing about the situation. Have you ever tried booking a tour? How about a tour in a foreign country? Tours are booked months in advance and circumstances can unfortunately change. If it was a possibility for them to come over, they would have.
04:21 PM on 10/05/11
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
The bassist left apparently. Just annoying that this is the second time this has happened.
04:23 PM on 10/05/11
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
You know nothing about the situation. Have you ever tried booking a tour? How about a tour in a foreign country? Tours are booked months in advance and circumstances can unfortunately change. If it was a possibility for them to come over, they would have.
The only reason they didn't get in last time is because they didn't have work visa's. So that is pretty much the fault of someone, I mean how can you not know to have that. Did someone not mention it along the way? The reasons this time are that the member changes leave them in a place where a new member won't know the songs so they don't feel right touring so quickly with a new member from what I gather.
04:34 PM on 10/05/11
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
The only reason they didn't get in last time is because they didn't have work visa's. So that is pretty much the fault of someone, I mean how can you not know to have that. Did someone not mention it along the way? The reasons this time are that the member changes leave them in a place where a new member won't know the songs so they don't feel right touring so quickly with a new member from what I gather.

That was gonna be my point. Surely they should know that?

And this new tour was only announced like a week ago, so they'd know about everything else coming up anyway.
05:18 PM on 10/05/11
CannonBall!
hey guys have a great day
User Info.
Sam was asked to leave the band. The new track(s) I've heard are awesome, and expect their new full length to slay. Kudos to the guys for taking a record seriously and trying to put out the best release they can. Last I was told they were having some van troubles as well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests