08:54 PM on 10/05/11
aolivares
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:04 PM on 10/05/11
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
I discovered My Chemical Romance in 2003 when I saw them opening for The Used and Finch at Irving Plaza in NYC. Only a few fans knew who they were at the time and went crazy for them. After I saw their set I downloaded their first album and was hooked after that.
09:20 PM on 10/05/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Theres not much of a story here, for me.
But basically, I saw blinks videos for ATST on mtv or somewhere online or something. and I started listening to them ever since. Then I saw Im not ok by MCR, and really started to get into them after that.
F yea July.
09:34 PM on 10/05/11
iluvny3000
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Albeit my awkwardness I thought it worth a shot to enter. Here's to hoping! Thanks again for doing this absolutepunk - you guys are awesome!!!!
09:41 PM on 10/05/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
Love them. Their my new fav band
09:45 PM on 10/05/11
punkenuff
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Made a video per a suggestion...

Text version for those who don't want to watch:
I have been a Blink fan since I was 10 years old. I don't know the exact date I first heard of them, but I remember one of my then-close friends having Cheshire Cat in his CD case. It stuck out to me because of the handicapped man logo. So in '97, I remember hearing Dammit and falling in love with that song. It wasn't until Can't Hardly Wait came out the next year that I was able to track down Dude Ranch and get listening to Blink as a whole. This was when I put together the first time I heard them(Cheshire Cat logo on the CD my friend had) with the name Blink-182. I was so enthused(pun intended) I was only 11 by then but I was totally hooked. Apple Shampoo became my favorite song and I said to myself, if I ever got a tattoo, it would be lyrics from that song on my wrist. It took me until April 24, 2010, but those lyrics (if you're feeling scared, remember the time we shared, you know that it meant everything to me) are on my left wrist now and forever. So I got into them hard right before Enema of the State was released, and my second biggest first Blink moment was going into my 7th grade science class and somehow Blink came up...turns out my teacher was an ex-DJ and the next day he brought in the advance copy of Dude Ranch that featured different cover art and an extra song...at that point I was on a mission and every day since I've sought out as much Blink stuff as I can find...you can see 99% of my collection here;
http://dreamsellerx.weebly.com/
My first concert was Blink on the Mark Tom and Travis tour in PA on 6.7.00, that made me fall in love with concerts. Since then I've been to 11 more Blink shows including my 100th concert on 8.19 of this year.

I got my first Blink tattoo in 09 and did a pass the torch deal of the new bunny and the old bunny with one of my favorite logos I also have a Famous stars and straps tattoo on my right shoulder I got in 09 as well. then I got balls enough to get the lyrics on my wrist(because of work etc) in April 2010 like I said.Then I decided to add to it on Neighborhood's release date and did this beneath the bunnies:

I really, really love this band. I think you can tell that if you look at my site and tattoos. I would be super honored to win.
10:07 PM on 10/05/11
Prae Omnia
User Info.

Is that a joker mask? Lol, bet your Halloween costume is going to be awesome.
10:09 PM on 10/05/11
Prae Omnia
User Info.

I like how that girl walks through the video during the first pause in the song. Planned or no?
10:10 PM on 10/05/11
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.

Being on camera is awkward. Especially when you're an awkward person...like me.

And I wanna see Tate's video

...anyway! Please pick me! Cause if you don't...well, I'll just have to fight you.

This is how i initially found out about Blink too! my mom would get mad cause the "work sucks" part. Also love the transit in the background. nice video.
10:15 PM on 10/05/11
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
Made a video per a suggestion...

Text version for those who don't want to watch:
I have been a Blink fan since I was 10 years old. I don't know the exact date I first heard of them, but I remember one of my then-close friends having Cheshire Cat in his CD case. It stuck out to me because of the handicapped man logo. So in '97, I remember hearing Dammit and falling in love with that song. It wasn't until Can't Hardly Wait came out the next year that I was able to track down Dude Ranch and get listening to Blink as a whole. This was when I put together the first time I heard them(Cheshire Cat logo on the CD my friend had) with the name Blink-182. I was so enthused(pun intended) I was only 11 by then but I was totally hooked. Apple Shampoo became my favorite song and I said to myself, if I ever got a tattoo, it would be lyrics from that song on my wrist. It took me until April 24, 2010, but those lyrics (if you're feeling scared, remember the time we shared, you know that it meant everything to me) are on my left wrist now and forever. So I got into them hard right before Enema of the State was released, and my second biggest first Blink moment was going into my 7th grade science class and somehow Blink came up...turns out my teacher was an ex-DJ and the next day he brought in the advance copy of Dude Ranch that featured different cover art and an extra song...at that point I was on a mission and every day since I've sought out as much Blink stuff as I can find...you can see 99% of my collection here;
http://dreamsellerx.weebly.com/
My first concert was Blink on the Mark Tom and Travis tour in PA on 6.7.00, that made me fall in love with concerts. Since then I've been to 11 more Blink shows including my 100th concert on 8.19 of this year.

I got my first Blink tattoo in 09 and did a pass the torch deal of the new bunny and the old bunny with one of my favorite logos I also have a Famous stars and straps tattoo on my right shoulder I got in 09 as well. then I got balls enough to get the lyrics on my wrist(because of work etc) in April 2010 like I said.Then I decided to add to it on Neighborhood's release date and did this beneath the bunnies:

I really, really love this band. I think you can tell that if you look at my site and tattoos. I would be super honored to win.
you better win
10:26 PM on 10/05/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I love your accent. Where are you originally from? I might be wrong, but that doesn't sound canadian.
Haha nah, it's not a Canadian accent. I'm from Albania, which is a tiny country north of Greece. Anyway I've been living in Canada for almost 10 years now, since I was 14.

haha not gonna bother to upload a video, my story's not that great. i probably heard "all the small things" first by blink some years back, started listening to them casually during the break-up period (probably listened to +44 and AVA first), then started hardcore listening to them since they reformed. as for MCR, I saw the video for "I'm Not Okay" playing at Target (those were the days, huh?), plus there was something called the nintendo fusion tour happening at the time (2004) that had MCR (as well as story of the year, anberlin, autopilot off, and others) on the line-up, so I would listen to the video/song for I'm Not Okay there as well. Eventually I had a buddy of mine download Three Cheers (and a bunch of other albums, I didn't buy music back then X-P) for me, and I was hooked.

Also, Miss Lueda Allen is beautiful!
Should have posted a video!

And thank you.

God I can't believe I'm posting a video of myself, ha.

I approve.

haha I jumped straight to your video because I was like OMG a pretty girl works on AP.net?? Plus she's intelligent, nice, and has a neat accent. I thought it was just us pop-punk nerds!

Well...neato.
Hahaha well I am not a pop-punk nerd any longer, but I am most definitely a music nerd.

I wonder how many people don't realize that I am a girl. Too many boys on Staff....

I like your hat.

For my responses (no web cam here at work, besides - I've left my cool hats at home).

I remember hearing blink's Josie and Dammit on the radio in '97 when Dude Ranch came out. Primary school. Geez, old man. Hooked from then on.

I got into MCR with the release of I'm Not Ok single and video. The Fangoria reference and overall Anti-teen movie theme to that video struck a chord with me.
Thanks, I love it too.

Ttlly srs.

But it says you're engaged on your profile. I am not sure how to feel?
10:26 PM on 10/05/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Haha seriously.
11:06 PM on 10/05/11
heron182
User Info.
<3 you're really pretty loved your video
12:02 AM on 10/06/11
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
Haha nah, it's not a Canadian accent. I'm from Albania, which is a tiny country north of Greece. Anyway I've been living in Canada for almost 10 years now, since I was 14.

Should have posted a video!

And thank you.

I approve.

Hahaha well I am not a pop-punk nerd any longer, but I am most definitely a music nerd.

I wonder how many people don't realize that I am a girl. Too many boys on Staff....

Thanks, I love it too.

Ttlly srs.

But it says you're engaged on your profile. I am not sure how to feel?
haha my profile... i should probably overhaul that. havent touched in years.
but yes i am indeed taken. im sorry, it can never be.
12:04 AM on 10/06/11
desi_182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

This is much longer than I planned.
Enjoy (:

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles