AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 410.
02:23 AM on 10/06/11
Stroke
User Info.
Not in to win anything but I'll still submit my story because it's a very cool contest.
I'm gonna tell you how I got into My Chemical Romance because I was never that much into Blink.

I was like 12 and my little brother or maybe it was my big brother who had bought this video game called Burnout 3: Takedown and I remember it had an awesome soundtrack. And there was that one song that played when I was racing in Salt Lake City, I think, right when you get out of some kind of tunel and then you can see a lake on your right, and just the first notes of it made me think "that's gonna be a cool song" and the singer screamed and I thought "yes, that's cool". It was the dawn of my teen, I had just gotten into rock music, and this song "I'm not okay" really caught my attention. I liked how it rhymed, how it was loud and fast so then I looked for it on the internet and I found the lyrics but I didn't speak English very well at the time so I figured it was supposed to be a funny song and I loved it. A year later, they put out the Black Parade and I borrowed it from one of my friends and I thought "welcome to the black parade" was brilliant and the rest of the album was cool but when I was 16, which was last year, they put out Danger Days and that's about the time I really got into them and I bought all the CDs.
Whenever I think about that "I'm Not Okay" song, I still picture that 3D landscape and it brings me back memories and I'm getting all nostalgic because things were simple back then, when I only cared about music and friends.
02:32 AM on 10/06/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Nice to see such a good response to this competition. Will watch some videos when I have full access to the internet again.
04:16 AM on 10/06/11
Jennurna Gray
Happy P and the Goblet of Giggles
User Info.
Haha nah, it's not a Canadian accent. I'm from Albania, which is a tiny country north of Greece. Anyway I've been living in Canada for almost 10 years now, since I was 14.
Oh! I should have recognized it. I know a guy who just moved here from Albania about three years ago. How big of a change was that? I can only image moving to a totally foreign place where people speak a way different language.
04:56 AM on 10/06/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Oh! I should have recognized it. I know a guy who just moved here from Albania about three years ago. How big of a change was that? I can only image moving to a totally foreign place where people speak a way different language.
Haha I don't blame you for not recognizing it at all. As I said to someone else in another thread, it doesn't sound like any other Albanian accent at all. It's like in its own category, so no one can ever really tell. It's strange.

That's awesome that you actually know about Albania somewhat though! Most people don't even know it exists. Are you friends with the kid? If you talk to him, you'd probably notice that his accent is nothing like mine.

Moving here was extremely difficult, actually. You can read more about it on my blog -- I've touched on that a little bit.
06:51 AM on 10/06/11
stereokiller
Howdy.
User Info.
07:09 AM on 10/06/11
brainconfetti
walking is still honest
User Info.

Please excuse the terrible sound quality, mediocre guitar playing, and my mistyped lyric in the first line.

For those who don't want to watch, here is basically what the video says:

I first heard about Blink 182 in the first grade when I got the very first Kidz Bop for Christmas. "All the Small Things" was on it, and that was my jam. I played and sang it all the time. I also distinctively remember reading "T. Delonge" in the song booklet and thinking that "Delonge" (which I also mispronounced) was the weirdest last name ever. Maaany years after that, in the tenth grade (2008), I made a friend who was all about Blink 182. She made me realize that I wanted to get into them, so I did. The first song I really heard this time around was "Dammit." Just a few years late, but I was in love. From that point on, I was obsessed with Blink 182.

My Chemical Romance is a different story. In the eighth grade, I was reading my monthly J-14 magazine when I saw this strange picture of a band wearing make-up. The lead singer was wearing a tiara. I had never seen anything like this before, so I looked them up. After hearing "Welcome to the Black Parade," my life changed forever. I had no idea music could sound like that. I listened more and more, and they became my first ever "favorite band." Eventually, they opened me up to a whole different realm of music that I thrive in today. If I had never looked up that weird, makeup-wearing band, I do not know what my life would be like today. It is for this reason that I am glad I followed the trend of reading the poppy, preteen celebrity magazine that is J-14.

The end.
Should I even bother posting a video? After seeing this no one else has a chance...
07:56 AM on 10/06/11
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
User Info.
I was about 7 years old and my mom was listening to Blink-182, I started dancing too it and I still listen to "They Came to Conquer... Uranus."

MCR, I was with one of my closest friends had his parents get him "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love." I was 8 at that time.
07:58 AM on 10/06/11
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.
i think i'm gonna have to go ahead and jump on the "I have a crush on Eda" bandwagon
08:22 AM on 10/06/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I saw the music videos of Josie and Dammit on MTV2 back when they originally aired. I had my dad take me to the CD store so I could buy Dude Ranch, but he saw the cow balls on the cover and the song Dammit and refused.

This was back when minors couldn't buy albums with explicit lyrics. Man do I feel old.
09:10 AM on 10/06/11
oscaristhebest0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha I don't blame you for not recognizing it at all. As I said to someone else in another thread, it doesn't sound like any other Albanian accent at all. It's like in its own category, so no one can ever really tell. It's strange.

That's awesome that you actually know about Albania somewhat though! Most people don't even know it exists. Are you friends with the kid? If you talk to him, you'd probably notice that his accent is nothing like mine.

Moving here was extremely difficult, actually. You can read more about it on my blog -- I've touched on that a little bit.

Totally just jumping in but I think its so weird that people dont know about Albania, there was a good handful of Albanian kids at my high school. Its even crazier when people don't even know what Croation is. That was the second most used language at my high school.
11:39 AM on 10/06/11
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
I like how that girl walks through the video during the first pause in the song. Planned or no?
Haha, definitely not. I did it in my dorm hallway and was hoping that no one would come through... Whoops lol.
Should I even bother posting a video? After seeing this no one else has a chance...
haha
11:44 AM on 10/06/11
avafan11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
12:01 PM on 10/06/11
musicmakesme
User Info.

So I know I have no chance with this but I thought I'd share anyway! Audio and visual are out of sync, looks odd...

Basically, I was 11 years old and the guy I liked at the time had blink in his MSN address and so naturally I had to go check them out.
From then on my life completely changed and I learned how music could really connect people; that nothing can compare to standing in a crowd at a show and realising that everyone there feels the exact same way as you do, knowing that it's a moment you're not going to forget.
Always gonna love music. Always gonna love blink.
12:19 PM on 10/06/11
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
I stutter a bit but it's all honest! Could have went on and been more descriptive about the first times but it's already pretty long
12:52 PM on 10/06/11
deathtolife721
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
MCR: Flipping through the channels in 6ht grade. My dad had just had one of his "Mood Swings" and i was crying in my room. Helena was on and i stopped to watch it. It brought me to tears. To this day i know that without discovering them, i wouldnt be here.

Blink-182: Heard snippets of 'All the small things' on the radio, but didnt atually listen to anythign by them till i went to the Honda Civic Tour this past summer with my boyfriend. He's really big into them and i never listened to them; by the last song i was as excited as he was :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS