Password

Album Review

Scroobius Pip - Distraction Pieces Album Cover

Scroobius Pip - Distraction Pieces

Reviewed by
Scroobius Pip - Distraction Pieces
Record Label: Strange Famous Records
Release Date: September 20, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Ian Walker. You can see all of Ian Walker's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
12:12 AM on 09/20/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
awesome review. i cant wait to hear this album i am a big pip fan. shame about the production, but i completely with what you said about let em come, the production blares over the vocals its a bit of a distraction (har har).
12:38 AM on 09/20/11
Loveisa4lttrwrd
stuff
User Info.
I want this so bad.
01:00 AM on 09/20/11
ugman_2000
May your music break my ear drums
User Info.
Listened to this last night. On 1st listen I'm loving it, could quite end up being in my top 5 AOTY list.

Also it's great to see this album doing well over here. On the release day (yesterday) it made it into the top 10 in the iTunes album charts which is great for a self released album that hasn't really had that much mainstream press (other than Zane Lowe playing the odd track)
05:28 AM on 09/20/11
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
Very big fan of this.
07:00 AM on 09/20/11
benandthesounds
User Info.
Scroobius Pip is the man. Wherever his lyricism goes, I shall follow.
02:06 PM on 09/20/11
miakodanita
enchanted.
User Info.
I am THRILLED about this. Not to be a douche but i don't have the money for the album right now, does anyone know where i can download this? I've googled it several times, no decent hits.
02:23 AM on 09/22/11
bakonbeatz
User Info.
Haven't heard it yet aside from one track, but this dude never fails me. A true artist. I'm guessing it will make my Top 5.
02:54 AM on 09/22/11
ugman_2000
May your music break my ear drums
User Info.
I am THRILLED about this. Not to be a douche but i don't have the money for the album right now, does anyone know where i can download this? I've googled it several times, no decent hits.
Not sure about links & stuff but it is on Spotify if you have that
12:53 PM on 09/24/11
ominousfog
Turn of a page, end of an age.
User Info.
I wholeheartedly agree about the production, the guitar/drums thing just does not work for him at all. I was pretty disappointed. That being said, "Broken Promise" is one of the best songs he's ever done.
03:50 AM on 09/29/11
Gautz
Music makes life bearable!
User Info.
Love this guy!
08:25 PM on 10/09/11
KillHipsters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best spoken word album released in a very long time. I was a fan of Li(f)e by Sage Francis as well, but it feels like Sage hasn't released an album in forever even though it wasn't that long ago. The production on some tracks sadly tainted the album slightly, the track Introdiction is easily one of the best things (recorded) he's ever done.
03:30 AM on 10/12/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
been able to listen to it through a few times now. its solid but it really could have been a lot better. i am not a big fan of the production. the rock just doesnt mix well with his vocals. and a few of the more hiphop orientated tracks just sounded a tad gimmicky.

lyrics are solid as ever though. and introdiction is just one of the best tracks of the year.
12:51 AM on 03/17/12
kurtdaniel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I normally don't listen to rap, but I like this. His British accent is awesome. plus the drum beat is so amazing. it made me want to enroll in drum lessons for beginners..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos