AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 30
Displaying posts 435 - 450 of 521
11:03 AM on 10/11/11
maggiexmae
User Info.
Is 'Terrible Things' the only 3/4 song you've ever written?
AlexMayday
User Info.
when you guys started out, did you think you'd have as many fans as you do? and write music for as long as you guys have been?

we all wanted that of course but it was hard to picture cause none of us had any idea what that would be like. i remember thinking that we could go a long way but i cant say i pictured this because i really didnt know that much about the music industry and what its really made of
TragedyofMariam
myspace.com/thetragedyofmariam
User Info.
guys get back to windsor ontario so we can tackle the manchester for drinks again.

love the new cd, looking forward to catching you the next time you're in the area (michigan) and hopefully at a venue with air conditioning haha
musicismybf19
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Congrats on fatherhood, Derek!--almost forgot to add that...oops
Genchun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what your favorite movie?
thatgirlclaire7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what is the craziest thing that's ever happened at a show?
lenzoj
Jeremy / Mayday Parade
User Info.
If you could choose another genre of music besides yours, what would it be and why?
Just some good old fashion classic rock.
claraparade
Claraa.
User Info.
What was your first job?
11:04 AM on 10/11/11
piping-hot64
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Derek/Alex, have you ever found it difficult being a vegetarian? Did people give you shit about it when you first made the decision? I've been a vegetarian for just over a month and people keep giving me crap about it.. any tips on what I can use as a comeback when they mock me? :P
It's just so frustrating!
AlexMayday
User Info.
Is 'Terrible Things' the only 3/4 song you've ever written?

you be the anchor is in 3/4 as well
claraparade
Claraa.
User Info.
Do you remember the first time you played live as 'Mayday Parade'? Where was it? What was it like?
Madolyne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So is the original singer in Go radio? or is he back, or is there a new one? Anyways, you guys are so awesome! i live in the smallest tow in new york and it is so hard to go and see a band..:( you have been my all time favorite!
11:05 AM on 10/11/11
deannnnnna
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
derek, would you ever let one of your fans babysit Grey?
Vernizzle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are all of your songs written about real situations, or just scenarios?
JakeMaydayP
User Info.
I thought of something to say. Hey, this basically goes out to all the band members, how hard was it to record Anywhere but here, since you guys had pressure with the new record company... and the whole Jason thing?? (I didn't want to sound rude, and if I am super sorry).

That's not rude at all. That hard part was writing all these songs we really liked but having the label or Bendeth say it's not radio enough. That was frustrating. The other frustrating part was having everyone not believing in us as a band without Jason. We love Jason and I'll admit he really helped with "A Lesson" but the 6 of us made that record. Anybody can write a great song and give it to a band and that band can either make it even more phenomenal or just play it. We never just played it. We made it better together. I feel like with Jason leaving it sparked Atlantic to make us co-write because they didn't think we could do it ourselves. Who knows? That's just how I feel about it.

Regardless, with the new record, we wanted to write it ourselves and we did. One or two people may have come up with the ideas for the songs but the entire band made the songs better just like we did in "A Lesson". We became a unit again on this record after a major label and a big time producer tried to rip us apart. I'm not gonna stand to let that happen again.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos