Username
Password

07:17 PM on 11/13/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
eh, he wasn't sure about the decision, while marquez was hoping that a display of confidence would influence the judges.

pac threw and landed more punches, and was the aggressor throughout the fight, so i think pac earned the win or a draw (effective aggression, and ring generalship are the big things judges look at). i think marquez is getting a bit more credit then he deserves because he was such an underdog.

edit: i suppose it shouldn't be a huge shock that a pac/marquez fight is causing controversy.

Just to quote you again

To become the champ, you have to beat the champ. I don't think anyone can say that Marquez won that fight outright.
04:54 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
Just to quote you again

To become the champ, you have to beat the champ. I don't think anyone can say that Marquez won that fight outright.

but can you really say that pacquiao won the fight outright?
05:01 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
throwing and landing more power punches tends to win fights.

per compubox?

or opinion?
05:12 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
per compubox?

or opinion?

both. compubox says he threw and landed more power punches, and my impression was the same.

the fight was much more subdued and strategic then i was expecting. neither fighter really used the jab as a serious weapon, and except for a handful of flurries neither threw very many big combos.
05:58 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
eh, he wasn't sure about the decision, while marquez was hoping that a display of confidence would influence the judges.

pac threw and landed more punches, and was the aggressor throughout the fight, so i think pac earned the win or a draw (effective aggression, and ring generalship are the big things judges look at). i think marquez is getting a bit more credit then he deserves because he was such an underdog.

edit: i suppose it shouldn't be a huge shock that a pac/marquez fight is causing controversy.

the credit is well deserved.

everyone is so disappointed in pacquiao because on paper it seemed as though he should have dominated the fight.

marquez surprised everyone.
06:08 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
both. compubox says he threw and landed more power punches, and my impression was the same.

the fight was much more subdued and strategic then i was expecting. neither fighter really used the jab as a serious weapon, and except for a handful of flurries neither threw very many big combos.

another way of saying not as exciting.

especially compared to their last two fights.

are you in support of a fourth bout?
08:42 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
but can you really say that pacquiao won the fight outright?

No, I wouldn't go that far but it's an old boxing adage, that I stated a bit ago, You have to beat the champ to become the champ.
09:26 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
No, I wouldn't go that far but it's an old boxing adage, that I stated a bit ago, You have to beat the champ to become the champ.

well true.

but like somebody said earlier their was already a bias going into the fight for pacman. which is understandable.

marquez would have to do something truly spectacular to get a decision victory over pac.

and since pacman always comes forward during fights he would naturally get the nod.

also i finally found a quality video on youtube of the whole fight.

i only saw half of the fight on my lunch but my summary up to that point would be that its dead even.
10:34 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
@andreberto Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank was gonna let Marquez fuck the money up!!! Great fight though

My thoughts exactly.

unfortunately yes.

pacman got killed

wtf how did he win wtfffffff

quit it.

The fix was in. This is why nobody gives a shit about boxing anymore.

i've got a major mancrush on pacquiao but that's a draw at best.

yikes.

up through six rounds thats what i have it.
11:10 AM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
So Pacman got his ass handed to him and still got the decision? Tell me Money isn't the best.

honestly?

thats what i think at this point.

the way pacquiao looked against marquez i would have to pick mayweather to win against pacman.
01:31 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Here is the good things I wish would come out of this controversial decision

1. Pacquiao stops all the bullshit he does (tv shows he does here in the PH, playing pool late at night after training, singing etc.) and start being his old self.

2. Mayweather finally agrees to a fight

3. IF the dream match really does push through, hopefully it's in another state and not Las Vegas so the NSAC can't control who would be the judges of the said bout.
01:36 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
Here is the good things I wish would come out of this controversial decision

1. Pacquiao stops all the bullshit he does (tv shows he does here in the PH, playing pool late at night after training, singing etc.) and start being his old self.

2. Mayweather finally agrees to a fight

3. IF the dream match really does push through, hopefully it's in another state and not Las Vegas so the NSAC can't control who would be the judges of the said bout.

1. good call. he needs to get focused. i know its a little hard considering all the different obligations he has but you are absolutely correct.

2. pray to the boxing gods for it to happen.

3. i would support that. can you imagine pacquiao vs mayweather at dallas stadium?
01:49 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
1. good call. he needs to get focused. i know its a little hard considering all the different obligations he has but you are absolutely correct.

2. pray to the boxing gods for it to happen.

3. i would support that. can you imagine pacquiao vs mayweather at dallas stadium?

These are also the 3 main things that boxing experts from here agree on and even all/most of them agree that Manny lost that fight.

I can imagine Pacquiao vs Mayweather at the Dallas Stadium, and I'm pretty sure every seat will be sold out as soon as this fight will be announced.
01:48 AM on 11/15/11 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
the credit is well deserved.

everyone is so disappointed in pacquiao because on paper it seemed as though he should have dominated the fight.

marquez surprised everyone.

nah, i can't really see how marquez won anything but a moral victory by doing better then expected.

i'd be down for a fourth fight, if it was after pac/mayweather....assuming that fight ever actually gets made. i've promised myself that neither fighter (pac and mayweather that is) is getting any more pay-per-view money from me until it happens.
08:51 AM on 11/15/11 
User Info.
mattyrocks
nah, i can't really see how marquez won anything but a moral victory by doing better then expected.

i'd be down for a fourth fight, if it was after pac/mayweather....assuming that fight ever actually gets made. i've promised myself that neither fighter (pac and mayweather that is) is getting any more pay-per-view money from me until it happens.

hmm.

agree to disagree i guess.

marquez deserves all the credit in the world for his performance.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets