Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

A Thank You to Thrice and Thursday

Posted by: Jason Tate (11/23/11)
I just wanted to take a moment to personally thank Thrice and Thursday for everything they've done for the music scene, our website, and my personal musical journey. Both bands have played a large role in shaping what this website is today, and their music catalogs will remain staples and blueprints for the next generation. Thank you.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 101
11:59 AM on 11/23/11
MonopolyMan
Whore's dont trip..they...
User Info.
amen. such pioneers in the scene.
12:01 PM on 11/23/11
OnLettingGo
User Info.
Agreed. Two great bands. The music scene won't be the same without them.
12:02 PM on 11/23/11
MichaelShore
"Family Love Michael"
User Info.
Completely agree. Two great bands, a lot of talented musicians.
12:02 PM on 11/23/11
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
They'll both be back together within 5 years. Stop.
12:07 PM on 11/23/11
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
User Info.
They'll both probably get back together eventually. It's really awesome to see everyone recognize what great careers the bands both had, though. Everyone who works that hard needs a break.
12:08 PM on 11/23/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
They'll both be back together within 5 years. Stop.
Not really sure what that possibility has to do with anything. It's not guaranteed, and I'd still stay "goodbye" and "thank you for coming" at the airport if I wasn't going to see family or friends for 5 years.
12:09 PM on 11/23/11
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Amen. I also can't wait to hear what the next generation of musicians can bring to the scene!!!
12:16 PM on 11/23/11
coma
User Info.
Not really sure what that possibility has to do with anything. It's not guaranteed, and I'd still stay "goodbye" and "thank you for coming" at the airport if I wasn't going to see family or friends for 5 years.
It was more a 'stop' to everyone, not just you in particular, though it did come off that way. It's just like, indefinite hiatuses seem more as a way to drum up ticket sales these days. They don't seem genuine, but our fandom is. I get it, it's a business, and I'm certainly cynical about it, but it's just like, they're gonna do their thing, recharge their batteries, and get back out there. Point taken, though.
12:18 PM on 11/23/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
It was more a 'stop' to everyone, not just you in particular, though it did come off that way. It's just like, indefinite hiatuses seem more as a way to drum up ticket sales these days. They don't seem genuine, but our fandom is. I get it, it's a business, and I'm certainly cynical about it, but it's just like, they're gonna do their thing, recharge their batteries, and get back out there. Point taken, though.
Are we really so cynical that we think two of the most credible and integrity filled artists (Thrice and Thursday) are going on hiatus as a means to trick fans to go see their shows? I don't buy it.
12:22 PM on 11/23/11
ren
on display
User Info.
I understand the cynicism, but don't think these two bands have warranted it. Thrice and Thursday both have never appeared less than genuine about the art they create. Of course they'll call it a hiatus. They love the music they've made and the fans they've garnered because we are as genuine about loving music as they are about making it--they have to hope that one day they get to enjoy that feeling again, so why rule out a reunion?
12:22 PM on 11/23/11
_veges_
User Info.
Both were a little ahead of my time, but I still really appreciate what they've both done.
12:23 PM on 11/23/11
ren
on display
User Info.
Are we really so cynical that we think two of the most credible and integrity filled artists (Thrice and Thursday) are going on hiatus as a means to trick fans to go see their shows? I don't buy it.
Exactly what I was trying to say, but in far less words. Efficiency is key.
12:24 PM on 11/23/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Good, good bands. RIP.
12:26 PM on 11/23/11
coma
User Info.
I don't think their integrity or credibility is even questioned with either of these moves. I don't blame either band for being burned out, or wanting to be with their families, or whatever, and I think their motives aren't monetary. I still maintain, though, that they're going to be back before we know it, whether it was a plan from the beginning or not. Whether any of us likes it or not, nostalgia is a hot ticket. Thursday has been losing a good clip of steam, and a break would probably do them well, frankly. Thrice, however, they're probably just legitimately wanting to hang with their families. I get it. I'm just saying that this is pretty much par for the course these days. I'm not attacking either band for their choice.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests