Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Five and Alive: The Lack Long After

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (11/25/11)
This week's Five and Alive is quite special. 2011 has been a great year for music, and has really reminded me why I fell in love with music and live and breathe through my headphones. Unfortunately, I lost three great bands this year: RX Bandits, Thursday and Thrice. Those bands are greatly part of my musical roots. Head here to see what I learned about music over the last decade of having them be a part of my life.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:43 AM on 11/25/11
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
thank you thank you thank you
09:47 AM on 11/25/11
futures23
User Info.
that was really well written dude, good job, that beer metaphor made me chuckle a bit yet its so true.
10:09 AM on 11/25/11
CloseToShore
Dude, that is so wrong.
User Info.
Good job, Adam. Couldn't have said it better myself. Pretty much summed up how I've been feeling about thrice and Thursday, and to how I was about TREOS a few years back.
10:13 AM on 11/25/11
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
great write up. RX Bandits, Thrice, and Thursday are all also some of my favorite bands of all time so I can relate
10:19 AM on 11/25/11
hiya
User Info.
nailed it on the head, I feel like points 2 and 3 have applied to so many bands in the past few years.
12:55 PM on 11/25/11
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I honestly thought Mandala was gonna be the start of something great for RX Bandits that record was leaps and bounds above their other material and I was sad to see them go. Thrice, Envy on the Coast, The Matches, and the White Stripes were upsetting as well. I fell in love with a couple bands this year that I realized had already broken up when I was just getting to know them which sucked as well (Dear and the Headlights, Paper Rivals, and Wild Sweet Orange). Great writing tho man.
02:02 PM on 11/25/11
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
the good news is me&lp is awesome live and matt embree looks stoked on life
12:55 PM on 11/29/11
Who's Asking?
User Info.
I honestly thought Mandala was gonna be the start of something great for RX Bandits that record was leaps and bounds above their other material and I was sad to see them go. Thrice, Envy on the Coast, The Matches, and the White Stripes were upsetting as well. I fell in love with a couple bands this year that I realized had already broken up when I was just getting to know them which sucked as well (Dear and the Headlights, Paper Rivals, and Wild Sweet Orange). Great writing tho man.
Couldn't agree more...glad I got to see Thrice at Bamboozle this past May and saw RX Bandits at Irving Plaza...great shows!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests