Password

Album Review
Various Artists - Punk Goes Pop Volume 4 Album Cover

Various Artists - Punk Goes Pop Volume 4

Reviewed by
Various ArtistsPunk Goes Pop Volume 4
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: November 21, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from blue_light_888. You can see all of blue_light_888's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
10:33 PM on 11/27/11
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
ready set version of roll up is the worst cover in this album, second by for all those sleeping
01:27 AM on 11/28/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
Im sorry but this review is full of inaccuracies and bad judgement. (hint: listen to the original song before you judge a cover of it)
03:24 AM on 11/28/11
blue_light_888
User Info.
Im sorry but this review is full of inaccuracies and bad judgement. (hint: listen to the original song before you judge a cover of it)
I HAVE listened to the majority of the originals, and for the ones that I didn't hear, I didn't see it as necessary to make a judgment on the covers themselves. I do concede that the flipside is that those reviews tend to be rather aesthetic, but that is sort of my argument here, so....

EDIT: Hold it. Are you referring to my blurb for Little Lion Man?
03:53 AM on 11/28/11
Douglas Gillum
User Info.
I agree with most of what you wrote, but I disagree completely with the Woe, Is Me cover. I think this one is horrible compared to their last. Then again, I love their screamer. I still think they need to change the title of the compilation though. Punk.. come on.
05:15 AM on 11/28/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Interesting review style. It worked, well enough.
05:55 AM on 11/28/11
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
This record is so solid. One of the strongest Fearless compilations, if not the best.
06:27 AM on 11/28/11
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
This is a pretty great review, and thanks for mentioning me in it! You will get a shoutout in one of mine in the future
07:36 AM on 11/28/11
Henry Ferreira
@Henry_csf
User Info.
Great structure for the review. I'll check some tracks out.
09:53 AM on 11/28/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
just in case you didn't know, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! got their name from The Goonies.
12:02 PM on 11/28/11
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I seriously suggest you check out the original Little Lion Man because Tonight Alive took a complete metaphorical dookie on great track. Im not just saying this because im a fan of Mumford and Sons but because they literally butchered it to the point it has no heart left.

Firstly the original boasts a great pure vocal performance that is unique. This version takes all the grit out and leaves it with some crazy up and down computer Hayley Williams that gives you a headache. (If the bitch from Tonight Alive can't sing, she shouldnt try, let alone be allowed to contribute to crap like this, she should go on x-factor if she wants to do cheap karaoke)

Secondly the original demonstrates some excellent musician ship. This version replaces all the lush layers of guitar, banjo and mandolin with some generic riffage that half resembles the original melody.

As for the rest of this compilation:
AT LEAST THE FIRST FEW HAD BANDS COVERING GENUINE POP SONGS. (I Melt With You, Heaven Is A Place on Earth). The new ones just take mediocre bands and let them butcher mediocre current chart music.

First you sign All Time Low Fearless, Now this, i dont think i can ever forgive you
05:30 PM on 11/28/11
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
I seriously suggest you check out the original Little Lion Man because Tonight Alive took a complete metaphorical dookie on great track. Im not just saying this because im a fan of Mumford and Sons but because they literally butchered it to the point it has no heart left.

Firstly the original boasts a great pure vocal performance that is unique. This version takes all the grit out and leaves it with some crazy up and down computer Hayley Williams that gives you a headache. (If the bitch from Tonight Alive can't sing, she shouldnt try, let alone be allowed to contribute to crap like this, she should go on x-factor if she wants to do cheap karaoke)

Secondly the original demonstrates some excellent musician ship. This version replaces all the lush layers of guitar, banjo and mandolin with some generic riffage that half resembles the original melody.

As for the rest of this compilation:
AT LEAST THE FIRST FEW HAD BANDS COVERING GENUINE POP SONGS. (I Melt With You, Heaven Is A Place on Earth). The new ones just take mediocre bands and let them butcher mediocre current chart music.

First you sign All Time Low Fearless, Now this, i dont think i can ever forgive you

Calm down, I don't think they were trying to match the emotion of the original, I think they were trying to make a fun cover.
05:36 PM on 11/28/11
JustThatGuy
Overdosed on Apathy
User Info.
I dug your structure alot, really organized, but your diction is back and forth between great and immature, your analogy's are foolish sounding at times, too mock-clever

I hated the record on another note, Pop goes Punk 2 will always be the best, the music is just too hollow on this one for me, i feel like it had potential, but it diddent rise up

i got too technical, oh well....
12:41 AM on 11/29/11
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
this is actually pretty decent as a whole
05:17 AM on 11/29/11
JohnTheTree
Why is this a thing
User Info.

This.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version