AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:18 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
He's only played 5 games this year, 4 of which were against the steelers, 49ers and bengals defenses. He hasn't been BAD in any of those games.

my eye test and pro football focus disagree with you.
10:47 AM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
wesgemm08
Dance Yrself Clean
Male - 28 Years Old
Pro Football Focus ranked Grubbs the #8 guard after the 2010 season. He hasn't been healthy or great this season, but the Ravens have a lot more pressing issues going into the draft than LG. Birk is likely to retire so they will have a vacancy at C, as well as needing a ILB to eventually replace Ray Lewis and a S to replace Ed Reed(which both could happen as early as this offseason). I haven't seen anyone else calling LG the Ravens biggest need, every other mock draft I've seen has had the Ravens going ILB or C. LT, C, ILB, and even S are bigger needs at this point. Ben Grubbs getting resigned is highly likely IMO.
12:15 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Pro Football Focus ranked Grubbs the #8 guard after the 2010 season. He hasn't been healthy or great this season, but the Ravens have a lot more pressing issues going into the draft than LG. Birk is likely to retire so they will have a vacancy at C, as well as needing a ILB to eventually replace Ray Lewis and a S to replace Ed Reed(which both could happen as early as this offseason). I haven't seen anyone else calling LG the Ravens biggest need, every other mock draft I've seen has had the Ravens going ILB or C. LT, C, ILB, and even S are bigger needs at this point. Ben Grubbs getting resigned is highly likely IMO.

okay, make your own mock draft.
12:23 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
I will be making a mock draft this afternoon. It'll might be horrible for some teams that I don't follow as closely, so don't get upset at me, haha.
12:58 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
okay, make your own mock draft.

I saw your mock yesterday and words can't explain how pleased I'd be if the Eagles actually took Kuechly but I just don't see it happening as long as Reid is there, I hope you end up being correct though.

That is, if he even decides to declare.
01:07 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I saw your mock yesterday and words can't explain how pleased I'd be if the Eagles actually took Kuechly but I just don't see it happening as long as Reid is there, I hope you end up being correct though.

That is, if he even decides to declare.

Yeah, he's an incredible MLB. Watching him at BC is seriously crazy and it would significantly improve the Philly D. MLB is actually pretty deep in this year's draft for once.
01:10 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
Yeah, he's an incredible MLB. Watching him at BC is seriously crazy and it would significantly improve the Philly D. MLB is actually pretty deep in this year's draft for once.

Without a doubt man.....I'd love it but I think they'll shit the bed with that first pick, especially if they continue to tank and end up with a Top 10 pick. They'll piss it away, I'm going to work on a mock tomorrow and I'll post mine.

I can totally see Reid staying, picking in the top 10 and taking a QB, it's just a Reid move.
01:12 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Without a doubt man.....I'd love it but I think they'll shit the bed with that first pick, especially if they continue to tank and end up with a Top 10 pick. They'll piss it away, I'm going to work on a mock tomorrow and I'll post mine.

I can totally see Reid staying, picking in the top 10 and taking a QB, it's just a Reid move.

haha watch them take an RB or rush DE.
02:43 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
2. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT USC
3. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma St.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina
5. Washington Redskins: Matt Barkley, QB USC
6. Carolina Panthers: Morris Claiborne, CB LSU
7. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff, OT Iowa
8. Miami Dolphins: Robert Griffin, QB Baylor
9. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
10. Kansas City Chiefs: Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
11. Philadelphia Eagles: Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona St.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska
14. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
15. Tennessee Titans: David DeCastro, OL Stanford
16. Buffalo Bills: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB Alabama
17. New York Giants: Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College
18. New York Jets: Quentin Coples, DE North Carolina
19. Denver Broncos: Manti Te’o, ILB Notre Dame
20. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland): Janoris Kenkins, CB Northern Alabama
21. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta): Zach Brown, LB UNC
22. Cincinnati Bengals: Dont’a Hightower, ILB Alabama
23. Chicago Bears: Cordy Glenn, G Georgia
24. Dallas Cowboys: Chase Minnifield, CB Virginia
25. Detroit Lions: Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina
26. Houston Texans: Alameda Ta’amu, DT Washington
27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dontari Poe, DT Memphis
28. New England Patriots: Mark Barron, S Alabama
29. New England Patriots (from New Orleans): Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB Illinois
30. San Francisco: Malcom Floyd, WR Notre Dame
31. Baltimore Ravens: Mike Adams, OT Ohio St.
32. Green Bay Packers: Ronnell Lewis, DE/OLB Oklahoma

I think the Jets, Lions, Broncos and 49ers would be big winners here.
04:16 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
4Who4What
Future Eagle
Auburn, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
haha watch them take an RB or rush DE.

I'll vomit.

You know, it's sad. I remember watching the draft a few years ago and all of a sudden the Eagles traded up and I jumped off my couch and was like "YES!!!! Earl Thomas!!!"

......fail, Brandon Graham.

Now safety is one of our weakest points on the team even despite spending two 2nd round draft picks the last two years on the spot (Nate Allen/Jai Jarrett)

There aren't even really any safety prospects aside from Barron that figure to go in the 1st round are there??
06:23 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
lilRIPsta
Maryland
Male - 26 Years Old
It's obvious that the Redskins need a QB, but I hope they don't draft Barkey. I'd rather trade for Peyton Manning if the Colts get Luck or draft Landry Jones.

Thats a Dan Snyder move. Stop IT!
06:42 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
brandonisstupid
Virginia
Male
Thats a Dan Snyder move. Stop IT!

Was it isn't like the Shanahans are doing any better with personal acquisitions. Both of them staked their reputation on two quarterbacks that are both complete and total rubbish and have proven that they are nothing more than a couple of career back-ups.
06:48 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
lilRIPsta
Maryland
Male - 26 Years Old
Was it isn't like the Shanahans are doing any better with personal acquisitions. Both of them staked their reputation on two quarterbacks that are both complete and total rubbish and have proven that they are nothing more than a couple of career back-ups.

the Quarterback situation has been a complete disaster, but you have to admit that they inherited a team with ZERO talent, and have dont a great job with this past draft in bringing in depth and some talent. They need 2 more drafts like this year, with a quarterback for them to bring us a playoff caliber team. We just arent there yet and giving up Draft picks for Peyton Manning is the dumbest thing we could do
08:31 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I'll vomit.

You know, it's sad. I remember watching the draft a few years ago and all of a sudden the Eagles traded up and I jumped off my couch and was like "YES!!!! Earl Thomas!!!"

......fail, Brandon Graham.

Now safety is one of our weakest points on the team even despite spending two 2nd round draft picks the last two years on the spot (Nate Allen/Jai Jarrett)

There aren't even really any safety prospects aside from Barron that figure to go in the 1st round are there??

Maybe tj mcdonald or kenny tate, but I don't love either of those guys as a first rounder.
08:56 PM on 12/02/11 
User Info.
brandonisstupid
Virginia
Male
the Quarterback situation has been a complete disaster, but you have to admit that they inherited a team with ZERO talent, and have dont a great job with this past draft in bringing in depth and some talent. They need 2 more drafts like this year, with a quarterback for them to bring us a playoff caliber team. We just arent there yet and giving up Draft picks for Peyton Manning is the dumbest thing we could do

Yes, Shanahan did inherit a team with zero talent, but having said that Zorn had a better record through his first year and a half with the Redskins than Shanahan did. Which is shocking because Zorn was clearly not ready to be a head football coach and Shanahan is a future hall of famer. I wouldn't say trading picks for Manning is the dumbest thing we could do, because clearly Redskins have done dumber things in recent history, but I am not really sold on any of these upcoming quarterbacks with the except for Luck, so at the right price I do think they should trade for Manning. Remember, Shanahan was able to squeeze two championships out of Elway at the vey end of his career and he wasn't as dominate as earlier on in his career. Whats to say he can't do the same with Peyton?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos