01:55 PM on 12/13/11
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
it's not even that bad, but this thread is just wonderful
01:57 PM on 12/13/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't feel that way at all, but I do feel as though this was an effective interpretation of a classic tune by an artist who could've very easily just made it another glitter vomit club jam and didn't.

I do not like Ke$ha's... well anything, really. But this is a decent cover that shows she is more capable than weve been led to believe. If this was under a different name, the hate would be so drastically less present.

You said in the body of the post itself that it was here solely to "anger" listeners and to be torn apart by gifs and whatnot. Perpetuating that kind mindset can't be good for anything.
Way too fast and lose with the word "artist" ... I refuse to attach that word to what this woman does.
01:59 PM on 12/13/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Welp, that settles it.
02:03 PM on 12/13/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Way too fast and lose with the word "artist" ... I refuse to attach that word to what this woman does.
I'm on board with the vast majority of how you run things as well as musical opinions, but the way you've handled yourself throughout this thread seems unnecessary. This literally mirrors a 4chan thread in almost every way. I made it pretty clear that I don't like Ke$ha, but it seems petty and cynical to use the audience you have to tear apart someone and justify it with the music theyve made in the past as opposed to the song at hand.

It just feels very Pitchfork-esque.
02:03 PM on 12/13/11
cshadows2887
User Info.

You sure told me, random guy with a Christmas tree avatar. I've learned my lesson about liking things!
02:09 PM on 12/13/11
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
Yes! Thank God!
02:10 PM on 12/13/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm on board with the vast majority of how you run things as well as musical opinions, but the way you've handled yourself throughout this thread seems unnecessary. This literally mirrors a 4chan thread in almost every way. I made it pretty clear that I don't like Ke$ha, but it seems petty and cynical to use the audience you have to tear apart someone and justify it with the music theyve made in the past as opposed to the song at hand.

I don't do things for your approval. However, I'll respond to your point: I think the music at hand is awful. I also see no reason why someone can't look at the entire career, see that Ke$ha virtually embodies the opposite of many of Bob Dylan's messages, and laugh at the absurdity of it.

It is petty and cynical. It should seem that way. It was meant to be.

As for 4Chan or Reddit or whatever comparisons -- I don't read either, so what it mirrors is of no real importance to me. People are enjoying themselves. It's fun and non-serious.
02:11 PM on 12/13/11
diamondgal29
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Unpopular Opinion: Ke$ha honestly isn't a bad singer. If you take away all of the autotune and shitty lyrics, she has talent. This track needs guitar or something in the background, but it's not badly song.
02:29 PM on 12/13/11
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
i love her
02:31 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The most glaring thing I'm taking away from this thread is that people don't listen to or appreciate the true artist Bob Dylan enough.

That's sad.
02:32 PM on 12/13/11
LivingTheLyrics
User Info.
I don't do things for your approval. However, I'll respond to your point: I think the music at hand is awful. I also see no reason why someone can't look at the entire career, see that Ke$ha virtually embodies the opposite of many of Bob Dylan's messages, and laugh at the absurdity of it.

It is petty and cynical. It should seem that way. It was meant to be.

As for 4Chan or Reddit or whatever comparisons -- I don't read either, so what it mirrors is of no real importance to me. People are enjoying themselves. It's fun and non-serious.
The first line of this response couldn't have been less necessary. I dont care that Kesha's values or message are not on par with Dylan's, the damn proceeds benefit Amnesty International, an important tidbit of information which somehow got entirely shunned in place of the breaking news of "Hey guys, Kesha sucks!". If she's raising money for an important cause, then she can cover Bob Dylan all day.
Holly HoX!
User Info.

What does Pitchfork have to do with anything you just said?
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
You know what I find sad? Across like four CDs on that compilation, nobody did "Tangled Up In Blue"
02:35 PM on 12/13/11
LivingTheLyrics
User Info.
What does Pitchfork have to do with anything you just said?

The unnecessary tearing apart of a performer that falls outside of a websites usual genre coverage for the sake of a good time.
02:36 PM on 12/13/11
HometownHero
User Info.
If I want real pop music I listen to The Cab.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos