02:37 PM on 12/13/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
"Real"
02:39 PM on 12/13/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
The first line of this response couldn't have been less necessary. I dont care that Kesha's values or message are not on par with Dylan's, the damn proceeds benefit Amnesty International, an important tidbit of information which somehow got entirely shunned in place of the breaking news of "Hey guys, Kesha sucks!". If she's raising money for an important cause, then she can cover Bob Dylan all day.
I'd say it's the only part of my post actually necessary. Your posts make it seem like I am posting just for you and your beliefs and outlook on musical acts. We covered the Amnesty International angle in the first news post about this project. The one actually about the project, not me just dicking around. I get you don't like it. That registered. My response is that I'm going to do it anyway if I feel like it ... it's not mean to be taken seriously.

I never said she can't cover Bob Dylan. I said I get a laugh out of her doing it.
02:41 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The unnecessary tearing apart of a performer that falls outside of a websites usual genre coverage for the sake of a good time.

They really dont that the same way it was done here. I read it every day. They usually don't dangle and bait. They will, however, run crazy headlines like Jack White working with ICP.
02:44 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You know what I find sad? Across like four CDs on that compilation, nobody did "Tangled Up In Blue"

This is true.

One of my favorite Dylan covers is James Mercer doing Spanish Harlem Incident.
02:44 PM on 12/13/11
boomerangslang
blackest black ever
User Info.
RepliesWithGifs is a pretty decent gimmick, I think.
02:45 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
RepliesWithGifs is a pretty decent gimmick, I think.

I bet it's Drew
02:46 PM on 12/13/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
This is true.

One of my favorite Dylan covers is James Mercer doing Spanish Harlem Incident.
The Byrds doing "My Back Pages" is a really underrated one. As is Peter Paul and Mary doing a reggae-fied "Forever Young."
02:50 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The Byrds doing "My Back Pages" is a really underrated one. As is Peter Paul and Mary doing a reggae-fied "Forever Young."

Oh for sure. All the old Bytes Dylan covers are ace and they stay true to the originals for the most part.
03:00 PM on 12/13/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
I'd say it's the only part of my post actually necessary. Your posts make it seem like I am posting just for you and your beliefs and outlook on musical acts. We covered the Amnesty International angle in the first news post about this project. The one actually about the project, not me just dicking around. I get you don't like it. That registered. My response is that I'm going to do it anyway if I feel like it.

I never said she can't cover Bob Dylan. I said I get a laugh out of her doing it.
Lol, what? Holy hyperbole, Batman. I'm arguing one very specific instance that bothered me, as well as a few others - in a music community. If I had ever argued so much as one other thing with you in the past, maybe that comment would make some sense. You used your site to reinforce the fact that you dont like Ke$ha over reminding readers that there's a good collection of songs on sale to benefit a great organization. Even if Alex already made a post about it. Agree to disagree on all this, I suppose.
03:24 PM on 12/13/11
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
You sure told me, random guy with a Christmas tree avatar. I've learned my lesson about liking things!
hi Chris
03:49 PM on 12/13/11
Mikey18244
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
04:37 PM on 12/13/11
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
thought it was a cool take on it. definitely people overreacting to it being Ke$ha who sang. if the video title said it was like...Alanis Morissette there'd be way more positive comments
04:40 PM on 12/13/11
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
This is actually quite good. I've moderately enjoyed some of her stuff, but didn't think she'd do this solid a job straight-singing. It's a bit affected, but I'm not sure anyone else has ever done a version that emphasizes the dramatic potential of the song this well. It usually gets read as a sarcastic kiss-off. Both takes are cool.

Have a suspicion half the people in this thread didn't listen.
I feel like the Civil Wars could do this style of the song really well
04:54 PM on 12/13/11
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
05:30 PM on 12/13/11
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
User Info.
Thread took a nosedive when people started getting serious.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests