AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:16 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I'm putting together a team needs post for the site I write for. This is what I have so far, if you disagree with any of them or have anything to add, let me know and tell me why.

Thanks.

AZ – LT, WR, T, ILB, CB, OLB
ATL – LT, RG, TE, S, CB, DE
BAL – LT, WR, C, ILB, S, CB
BUF – LT, TE, WR, QB, DT, DE, CB, PASS RUSH
CAR – RT, WR, CB, SS, FS, DT, SLB, WLB, PASS RUSH
CHI – C?, LT, RG, WR, TE, RT, LG, S, PASS RUSH
CIN – LG, WR, RB, CB, S, DE
CLE – WR, QB, RB, TE, LG, RG, RT, CB, OLB, DE, FS, PASS RUSH
DAL – C, CB, ILB, FS, SS
DEN – WR, C, LG, RG, RB, MLB, CB, S, DT, PASS RUSH
DET – T, C, RB, FS, DE, WLB, CB, SS
GB – HB, T, SS, OLB, DE, CB, PASS RUSH
HOU – WR, G, NT, SS
IND – RT, RG, WR, QB, RB, DE, DT, SLB, WLB, CB
JAX – WR, LG, RT, QB, DT, PASS RUSH
KC – WR, RT, QB, HB, NT, DE, SS, CB
MIA – WR, QB, RT, G, FS, CB, DE, SLB,
MIN – LT, WR, RG, RB, FS, CB, DT
NE – C, WR, G, FS, DE, LB, PASS RUSH, CB
NO – WR, DT, WLB, SLB, S, CB, PASS RUSH
NYG – TE, T, G, C, RB, S, MLB
NYJ – RT, WR, QB, RB, S, PASS RUSH
OAK – RT, RG, RB, CB, FS, WLB,
PHI – WR, G, C, MLB, SLB, S
PIT – LG, LT, DE, NT, OLB, ILB, CB
STL – LT, RG, C, WR, RB, CB, FS, SLB
SD – RT, G, DE, ILB, CB, SS
SF – WR, RG, CB, S
SEA – QB, LG, RG, WR, RB, CB, PASS RUSH
TB – RT, C, WR, RG, RB, CB, DT, SS, WLB, FS
TEN – C, G, WR, RB, PASS RUSH, MLB, DE, SS
WAS – QB, RT, LG, WR, ILB, CB, S, NT, DE
04:26 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Getup and Dance
It's the Diggy Diggy Doc Yall.
Seattle, Wa
Male - 28 Years Old
I would say Seattle needs some more pass rush over Tackle right now, Carpenter was looking better since the start of the season until he got injured. Chris Clemons is the only decent pass rusher we have right now and he is getting older, If we can find a solid LEO guy or a pass rushing DE in the later rounds this year to help out on passing downs and maybe take over when Clemons is gone then I will be happy.
04:31 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
mht
Chiefs needs:

QB, T, C, TE depth, potentially WR depth (Bowe contract up?), HB (big need), NT, 34 DE, SAFETY DEPTH, back up ILBer

I dont think they need an OLBer or a starting ILBer, they wont be in the market for that. Derrick Johnson, Belcher, Hali, Justin Houston is a core I think they feel are set with and there is way more needs across the board. Like a real RB for example, also Center and RT.

another position would be CB. If they let Carr walk then they will be drafting a CB at some point. Pioli loves his 2nd to 4th round annual CB pick
04:45 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Chiefs needs:

QB, T, C, TE depth, potentially WR depth (Bowe contract up?), HB (big need), NT, 34 DE, SAFETY DEPTH, back up ILBer

I dont think they need an OLBer or a starting ILBer, they wont be in the market for that. Derrick Johnson, Belcher, Hali, Justin Houston is a core I think they feel are set with and there is way more needs across the board. Like a real RB for example, also Center and RT.

another position would be CB. If they let Carr walk then they will be drafting a CB at some point. Pioli loves his 2nd to 4th round annual CB pick

A real RB? Like Jamaal Charles?
05:05 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
tkamB
Nobody has it better than us
Bay Area, CA
Male - 23 Years Old
I think your needs for the 49ers are accurate, I might put G over WR though. It is probably going to come down to whether we resign Rogers and Goldson in the secondary, but if they were resigned the defense is pretty much set. On the offense, I kinda like the trio of Crabtree/Morgan/Williams. We could probably use a real number one receiver, but Crabtree has made me rethink that lately. The o-line is tough because they've played so terribly this year and much of that falls on Anthony Davis but I don't know if its too early to give up on him. Snyder has been an upgrade over Rachal at right guard but he hasn't been particularly great either so I think that would be the biggest need. It is kinda ridiculous how many high draft picks the 49ers have used on O-lineman and they still can't get it done.
05:07 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Bills also need Wide Receivers Line backers and a better long term option at QB *cough matt barkley cough*
05:14 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
DET – T, C, S, DE, WLB, CB

Tackle - Agreed

Center - What's wrong with Dominic Raiola? He's been playing great this season. Plus his contract extends through 2013, so we've got him for a few more years.

Safety and Corner Back - Agreed, they desperately need help in the secondary.

Defensive End - We've got Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Don't see how there could be much improvement there.

To be completely honest though, the Lions need to develop a better mentality and respect for the game and its players before they worry about which positions they need to fill.
05:25 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
Tackle - Agreed

Center - What's wrong with Dominic Raiola? He's been playing great this season. Plus his contract extends through 2013, so we've got him for a few more years.

Safety and Corner Back - Agreed, they desperately need help in the secondary.

Defensive End - We've got Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Don't see how there could be much improvement there.

To be completely honest though, the Lions need to develop a better mentality and respect for the game and its players before they worry about which positions they need to fill.

Raiola is getting older, been a very low rated player on pro football focus the last three years.

Vanden Bosch has been really ineffective this year and tailing off the last three. Need some youth there to replace him.
05:26 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
Corner is probably the biggest need for the Panthers right now since Munnerlyn hasn't been getting the job done on Gamble's opposite end. Receiver is also up there and so are tackle and OLB since Otah and Davis are always hurt. The interior defensive line needs a serious upgrade too but I have a feeling we may just let Fua & McClain develop and wait for Ron Edwards to come back. For safety, I agree that we might need a new FS since Sherrod Martin has been fucking horrible this season. Godfrey has been solid at SS though.
05:41 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!

CLE WR, QB, G, RB, CB, pass rush, LB

I really don't know much about football, so I could be wrong, but I at least watch the browns every week and I dont really think they need linebackers. Gocong, D'Qwell Jackson, and Scott Fujita are all doing really good besides Fujita getting hurt. I also dont think we need another QB. Colt McCoy is the most promising QB we've had in years. He's just learning a new offense with a new head coach with no training camp. We also need our damn receivers to catch a damn ball (we have the most dropped passes in the nfl) and a better offensive line. For running back we do have Hillis, he just had injuries and contract issues and all that shit. I blame that on the madden curse though haha.
05:56 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I really don't know much about football, so I could be wrong, but I at least watch the browns every week and I dont really think they need linebackers. Gocong, D'Qwell Jackson, and Scott Fujita are all doing really good besides Fujita getting hurt. I also dont think we need another QB. Colt McCoy is the most promising QB we've had in years. He's just learning a new offense with a new head coach with no training camp. We also need our damn receivers to catch a damn ball (we have the most dropped passes in the nfl) and a better offensive line. For running back we do have Hillis, he just had injuries and contract issues and all that shit. I blame that on the madden curse though haha.

Gocong and Fujita haven't transitioned that well to the 4-3. Fujita is also getting older/is a free agent after next year.
06:04 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
Texans- stem cells
06:17 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
bjam12
Not this year
Illinois
Male
I disagree with Chicago needing a center. Garza has done a real nice job and will be the center for the future. I would add in safety help for the Bears and remove center.
06:31 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I disagree with Chicago needing a center. Garza has done a real nice job and will be the center for the future. I would add in safety help for the Bears and remove center.

Garza seems to have really fallen off the last two years and how much longer is he going to be the "center for the future?" He's already 32.

Oof, didn't know he was signed to a two year extension this year. He's been letting a lot of pressure come through the middle this year.
06:36 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
Arizona
Male
Verified
Quote:
AZ – T, WR, ILB, CB, OLB

Disagree only with CB. So long as Greg Toler can come back healthy he will be a good compliment to PP, and we can use Michael Adams/AJ Jefferson/Richard Marshall on nickel/dime packages. I actually would anticipate using Marshall for Safety depth even once we get Kerry Rhodes back, as he has played that position well.

ILB is iffy - I think Lenon has played fine at that position. If we can get one we should, but pecking order is DEFINITELY 1. Tackle, 2. OLB, 3. WR then on to ILB.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos