Username
Password
Drama News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 146.
06:34 AM on 11/10/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Yeah and like when Brand New used the lyrics from that Cure song. Who cares?
06:35 AM on 11/10/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but if no harm was done, why is her camp still so silent about it? The fact that there is so much silence from the Swift camp means she knows she got caught.

And like Jason said, he's not asking for monetary value, he just wants the credit that it's his line. I have never liked Taylor Swift and this just only adds to that displeasure.
Or maybe she doesn't read through all of her twitter mentions..
08:26 AM on 11/10/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
AmIright???
08:53 AM on 11/10/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Well, she already basically ripped off that entire Saving Jane song, so is this really all that surprising?

edit: also, if it is an "homage", isn't it customary to credit the source in the lyric booklet? like Paramore did when they used a Refused lyric in "Born for This"?

Holy shit I never even realized it but she totally did!
10:12 AM on 11/10/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
Holy shit I never even realized it but she totally did!
When "You Belong With Me" started getting played on the radio, I was really confused, because I thought it WAS that song.Totally shameful on Taylor Swift's part.
11:19 AM on 11/10/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Am I the only one who has a hard time thinking Swift has heard the Saving Jane song prior to writing YBWM?
It was pretty popular so I doubt it. I remember it all over MTV when I was a kid.
12:39 PM on 11/10/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Seems especially petty and dumb to complain about it from a guy who constantly interpolates bits of covers into his own songs live...
12:44 PM on 11/10/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
completely different between a college paper and an artist creating a tribute/homage

Ding ding ding.
01:46 PM on 11/10/12
Cereal_Killer
We suck, I know. SHUT UP!
User Info.
so wait, he's gay?

because every taylor swift song is about breaking up with your boyfriend and wiping mascara over a tear soaked pillow.
01:48 PM on 11/10/12
Cereal_Killer
We suck, I know. SHUT UP!
User Info.
wait, i got a better one.

taylor im happy for u and ima let you finish, but Maya Angelou was the most copied writer of ALL TIME!
03:32 PM on 11/10/12
clove2873
Southern Air saved my life
User Info.
does the melody of "state of grace" remind anyone else of another song? it sounds exactly like something, but i can't place it.
Punk Rock Princess, Something Corporate.
04:39 PM on 11/10/12
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
Hmm, again, that lyric just seems so vague that it could have been accidental, but it's not unbelievable to think TEN was influenced by/borrowed ideas from TGUK. Many bands have.. TGUK were just that good, ha. Glad nothing ever came of it though. I'm okay with borrowing lyrics and such, so long as it's not totally obvious or due credit is given.

Swift should respond to this in one way or another, though. She has to know about it by now.
Yeah, it was most definitely intentional. It's delivered the exact same way. But it was just that, a rumor. For a long, long time. However, on the where's the band tour, both Pryor and Enders were there, jammin' together. So I highly doubt it was ever even cared about. Haha.
05:59 PM on 11/10/12
JoshSalas
User Info.

"haunted" - Taylor Swift

"haunted" - Matt Nathanson

werd 4 werd!!
09:56 AM on 12/01/12
datsdatdude
ducks eat for free at subway.
User Info.
best case scenario - he makes that girl stop making music, which i'm all for. go on witcha bad self, nathanson.
12:35 PM on 12/02/12
Alert_the_Press
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hmm, again, that lyric just seems so vague that it could have been accidental, but it's not unbelievable to think TEN was influenced by/borrowed ideas from TGUK. Many bands have.. TGUK were just that good, ha. Glad nothing ever came of it though. I'm okay with borrowing lyrics and such, so long as it's not totally obvious or due credit is given.

Swift should respond to this in one way or another, though. She has to know about it by now.
The lyric by itself could be, but add to it that they sang it exactly as TGUK did (melody and timing) then you can see it's an homage. Though if memory serves TEN have stated that TGUK were big influences on them, which isn't all that surprising.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS