BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
I base my opinion on open racism.
02:57 AM on 04/17/11
DRUMMERGIRL121
fun fact: is left handed.
User Info.
It seems that the article was intent on generalizing both genres. Horny? Listen to R&B. Want to slap a b*tch? Listen to Hip Hop. There is so, so much more to both genres.
Terrible read.
03:26 AM on 04/17/11
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
All pop-punk bands sound like All Time Low!
All indie bands sound like Franz Ferdinand!
All rappers sound like 50 Cent!
All ska sounds like Sublime!
#truth
04:49 AM on 04/17/11
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
R&B isn't much these days.
The real love songs were written back in the 80s and 90s. Even though some songs were sexual (like during the 90s New Jack Swing era) the majority actually said something and were extremely chill. Most empowered women (Mary J. Blidge, Eryka Badu) and some like New Edition and Boyz II Men created some classic hits and were sort of the boy bands for the black community.
Personally, as a black woman, I don't listen to new r&b or rap, at least not mainstream. It's just not the genre I particularly care for these days. Watching the trash on 106 & Park makes me miss the old school.

Qft. Especially the part about 106 & Park.
06:50 AM on 04/17/11
eatbabiesyum
Registered Infant Consumer
User Info.
My God this thread absolutely brought out the worst users this site has. I absolutely love pop-punk but to find it more interesting than hip-hop is just wrong. Hip-hop presents you with a world that isn't your own, most pop-punk bands are like us, white kids who fell in love with a girl. Hip-hop gives you the insight into a different society, tell me, who in pop-punk can tell a story like Nas or Reasonable Doubt era Jay-Z? You gonna try tell me that 14 year old girls like Max Bemis are more talented than Tyler, the Creator? Fuck you.

sooooooo true.
06:53 AM on 04/17/11
eatbabiesyum
Registered Infant Consumer
User Info.
one of my best friends is a Lil B fanatic. he has every mixtape, and we take turns playing eachother music in my car and history class. i've listened to at least 200 Lil B songs, being able to enjoy MAYBE 3.

yeah from what i've heard lil b has pretty much nothing going for him at all...seems REALLY bad. but if i had to listen to at least 200 songs by him, im sure i might find three to enjoy too
07:08 AM on 04/17/11
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
User Info.
I base my opinion on closeted racism.
this!
11:33 AM on 04/17/11
galacticfates
User Info.
It doesn't come across as that, it's just that your perception is inaccurate and you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing personal really, and you haven't even been here for two years, but it's fairly obvious that I listen to a lot of music from all across the genre spectrum.

Oh, another comment about my ego...Right. Once again, another example of your perception being very inaccurate.
You are... delusional!
12:03 PM on 04/17/11
Kevin Lazaroff
Kevin Lazaroff
User Info.
I always love when people think their opinions are so factual, that everyone should conform to their taste.
i'm sorry. true, saying "better" was probably the wrong word. more prolific, and linguistically talented however... that's the truth.
01:40 PM on 04/18/11
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
Both are annoying genres
All music is equally annoying.
I always love when people think their opinions are so factual, that everyone should conform to their taste.

I mean I love the album in your avatar but to say virtually any pop punk album comes close to Illmatic, The Low End Theory, Madvillainy or Liquid Swords is just crazy.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests