Password
The Dangerous Summer News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 64.
10:31 PM on 03/27/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
here's what irks me:

they were already planning to make a dvd, then got their camera stolen. that certainly sucks, but turning that into a "we need 11 grand to film a dvd" kickstarter feels a bit suspicious/greedy.

that, and generally how this band treats their fans- dropping off tours, canceling shows, never explaining anything that's going on with their band and having an attitude when people want to know what's going on with their favorite band. anytime a band who disrespects their fans that much asks for 11 grand to make a dvd, I call foul.
11:17 PM on 03/27/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Look at other bands in the scene, who has released DVD's in the last couple years? The only one I can think of is All Time Low and the bonus DVD that came with Senses Fail's "The Fire"

Labels aren't throwing money at DVD releases.
If they had more lyrics about basements, pretzels, and turning on fountains today, I think the situation might be slightly different.
11:27 PM on 03/27/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
11,000 bucks, really?!? And i think every kickstarter should have a plea video, not a fucking insincere music video.. lame
11:32 PM on 03/27/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
If they had more lyrics about basements, pretzels, and turning on fountains today, I think the situation might be slightly different.
Don't forget about metaphorically being a pigeon.
11:40 PM on 03/27/12
anamericangod
User Info.
I don't think the band is trying to "Jonny Craig" anyone. They want to put out something nice, the label probably isn't going to pay anything to make it happen, so they're left to their own devices. Would it be possible to make it happen in a cheaper way or in a way that the Kickstarter model isn't needed? Maybe, but it would operate differently and they'd be making concessions and giving up some creative control. If this works out, then great. If not, hopefully they figure out something that does work and people keep the bitching to a minimum.
12:41 AM on 03/28/12
xRadioJoyx
User Info.
I wanted to get the $30 one but I don't have a credit card, only paypal. :\
And I don't even want to imagine what the conversation would be like if I tried to explain this to my dad so he'd let me use his credit card.
01:10 AM on 03/28/12
markymarkmac
User Info.
Hate all you want, 30 bucks for a documentary, live dvd, poster, and shirt? Hell yeah, I'm in
04:27 AM on 03/28/12
rsk423
User Info.
I gotta run to the bank and get my $2,500, but it'll be SO worth it! lol
06:01 AM on 03/28/12
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
In the next week or so I'll probably treat myself to the 30 dollar package. Is there two different versions of the dvd? I want the longer one obvs
07:01 AM on 03/28/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
Talking it over with the bride to be. I spun Reach for the Sun last night for her and crossing my fingers she's into it.
My parents want to do something for us for the wedding so I'm going to throw the idea at them this weekend when they come out to visit.

Would definitely make it a memorable reception.
07:10 AM on 03/28/12
Kyle Thrash
https://twitter.com/thrash_itup
User Info.
Look at other bands in the scene, who has released DVD's in the last couple years? The only one I can think of is All Time Low and the bonus DVD that came with Senses Fail's "The Fire"

Labels aren't throwing money at DVD releases.

Youre wrong. Im working with epitaph on a dvd now, and Razor and tie has offered me money to shoot a dvd for them last month. The money is there, not always great, but labels back them even if its not a physical release.
08:37 AM on 03/28/12
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
I don't think the band is trying to "Jonny Craig" anyone. They want to put out something nice, the label probably isn't going to pay anything to make it happen, so they're left to their own devices. Would it be possible to make it happen in a cheaper way or in a way that the Kickstarter model isn't needed? Maybe, but it would operate differently and they'd be making concessions and giving up some creative control. If this works out, then great. If not, hopefully they figure out something that does work and people keep the bitching to a minimum.

Just another reason why you are one of my favorite posters on this website.
08:42 AM on 03/28/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
"HD DVD"? Is that possible. Surely they mean a blu-ray?

Sucks that the camera was stolen. Would be good if it gets funded.
01:25 PM on 03/28/12
bojl
asdf
User Info.
hope this goes through. don't get the hate.
05:54 PM on 03/28/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles