Male
Something Corporate - The Astronaut
06:46 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
ffadam
Heaven Sent
Glasgow
Male - 22 Years Old
I stuck to the one song per band thing and I just made a list. So much missing but here it is:

1. Brand New - Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
2. As Tall As Lions - Ghost of York
3. Make Do and Mend - Hide Away
4. Balance and Composure - Patience
5. Frank Turner - Substitute
6. Jimmy Eat World - Polaris
7. Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
8. Thrice - Hold Fast Hope
9. Kanye West - All Falls Down
10. Eminem - Brain Damage
11. Fall Out Boy - Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes
12. Crime In Stereo - Small Skeletal
13. Radiohead - Idioteque
14. Arctic Monkeys - The View From The Afternoon
15. Say Anything - Woe
16. Lydia - Fate
17. Jack's Mannequin - Bruised
18. Alexisonfire - No Transitory
19. Funeral For A Friend - Roses For The Dead
20. The Killers - On Top
21. New Found Glory - Ballad For The Lost Romantics
22. Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
23. Refused - Summerholiday vs punkroutine
24. Bright Eyes - The Calendar Hung Itself...
25. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
01:00 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
Mine is extremely one dimensional. I guess I have difficulty loving stuff that was before/after my time. Doing this is making me rethink how I hear music.

American Football - Never Meant
The Appleseed Cast - Steps and Numbers
Archers of Loaf - Web in Front
blink-182 - Stockholm Syndrome
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Brand New - Limousine
Brand New - The Quiet Things that No One Knows
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
The Gaslight Anthem - 59 Sound
Jawbreaker - Accident Prone
Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint
The Lawrence Arms - The Disaster March
Manchester Orchestra - Pride
Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945
Pedro the Lion - Options
Radiohead - Idioteque
Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla/Meo Blodnasir
Sunny Day Real Estate - In Circles
Thrice - Beggars
Thrice - The Whaler
Title Fight - Shed
Twothirtyeight - Hands of Men
The Weakerthans - One Great City
Weezer - Say It Aint So
01:02 AM on 05/07/13 
User Info.
SamVettori
No Avatar Selected
My favorite songs are:
• Faster Than the Speed of Night
• If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears
• Bridge Over Troubled Water
• A Night at the Opera
• Stand By Me / On the Horizon
• London Calling
I love this songs for every.
08:14 PM on 03/03/14 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
At a bit of a loose end, so I decided to dig up this thread and listen to the songs I didn't know on Craig's and Blaine's list like I said I would a year (!!!) ago. I would change my list a little bit I think.

Alright, I'm giving this a shot. I'm imposing the "one song per artist" rule, but otherwise following Chris and Craig's format. And trying not to think about it too much (which inevitably means I'll leave something out, but oh well).

Patty Griffin - "Moses"
Gillian Welch - "I Dream a Highway"
The Band - "Acadian Driftwood"
Bob Seger - "Against the Wind"
My Morning Jacket - "I Will Be There When You Die"
Whiskeytown - "Jacksonville Skyline"

Patty Griffin is lovely, I've heard a few of her songs before and I always enjoy them, I need to listen to a full album. Gillian Welch was long as hell, found my mind wandering a bit, but there were some beautiful moments. I've heard a few Band albums, but I hadn't heard that song, it was gorgeous, really lovely stuff. Bob Seger song is alright, I remember listening to one of his albums (Night Moves maybe?) and not being particularly impressed by it, but maybe I should revisit. My Morning Jacket was absolutely heartbreaking, I need to listen to them more because this was beautiful. I'm a fan of Ryan Adams, but I never really listened to Whiskeytown, but this song is excellent. Guess I need to listen to them more too.
Okay, I'll try. But it's not going to be in order beyond the first five.

The Wallflowers - "One Headlight"
Something Corporate - "Konstantine"
Marvelous 3 - "Cigarette Lighter Love Song"
The Dangerous Summer - "Never Feel Alone"
Averi - "Goodnight, Goodbye"
Matthew Ryan - "Return to Me"
City & Colour - "Hello, I'm in Delaware"

Never listened to The Wallflowers before, but that song was super cool, will be back for more. Something Corporate are just not for me, I think I may have heard Konstantine before, but I wasn't sure. His voice just ruins it for me, just way too nasally for me, especially on the delivery of the "I'm not your starrrrr" line, makes me shudder ha. I've never heard of Marvelous 3, but this was an okay song. I hear about The Dangerous Summer and all their drama all the time on this site, but I've never actually listened to them. It was alright, but seemed like a fairly standard pop punk track. Averi isn't on Youtube, so I couldn't hear it, but I know I'd probably like it. I'd never heard of Matthew Ryan, and it was pretty good. I liked the percussion. I may have heard the City and Colour song before, but I couldn't remember, it was nice, but like most of his stuff, never struck me as much more than that.
08:42 PM on 03/03/14 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 23 Years Old
At a bit of a loose end, so I decided to dig up this thread and listen to the songs I didn't know on Craig's and Blaine's list like I said I would a year (!!!) ago. I would change my list a little bit I think.

Patty Griffin is lovely, I've heard a few of her songs before and I always enjoy them, I need to listen to a full album. Gillian Welch was long as hell, found my mind wandering a bit, but there were some beautiful moments. I've heard a few Band albums, but I hadn't heard that song, it was gorgeous, really lovely stuff. Bob Seger song is alright, I remember listening to one of his albums (Night Moves maybe?) and not being particularly impressed by it, but maybe I should revisit. My Morning Jacket was absolutely heartbreaking, I need to listen to them more because this was beautiful. I'm a fan of Ryan Adams, but I never really listened to Whiskeytown, but this song is excellent. Guess I need to listen to them more too.

Never listened to The Wallflowers before, but that song was super cool, will be back for more. Something Corporate are just not for me, I think I may have heard Konstantine before, but I wasn't sure. His voice just ruins it for me, just way too nasally for me, especially on the delivery of the "I'm not your starrrrr" line, makes me shudder ha. I've never heard of Marvelous 3, but this was an okay song. I hear about The Dangerous Summer and all their drama all the time on this site, but I've never actually listened to them. It was alright, but seemed like a fairly standard pop punk track. Averi isn't on Youtube, so I couldn't hear it, but I know I'd probably like it. I'd never heard of Matthew Ryan, and it was pretty good. I liked the percussion. I may have heard the City and Colour song before, but I couldn't remember, it was nice, but like most of his stuff, never struck me as much more than that.

Man, I'd totally forgotten about that list. I'm not fond of it. Glad you found some stuff you like, though.
01:58 AM on 03/05/14 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
Some Del, Screeching Weasel, Johnny Cash, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and random 80's hits would make my list if I could force myself to make one.
10:59 AM on 03/05/14 
User Info.
Simulcast
No more gold lights
Male - 28 Years Old
Joe Satriani - Time Machine
Steve Vai - Answers/The Riddle
Frank Zappa - Strictly Genteel
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Deftones - Moana
Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
Yes - And You and I
Joni Mitchell - A Case of You
The Smashing Pumpkins - The Everlasting Gaze
Page & Plant - No Quarter
Led Zeppelin - Since I've been Loving You
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock
ISIS - Altered Course
Jimmy Eat World - For Me This is Heaven
Aaron Copland - Appalachian Spring
Botch - To Our Friends in the Great White North
Jakob - Lonesome
Nada Surf - Blizzard of '77
Team Sleep - Natalie Portman
Mew - White Lips Kissed
Torche - Fat Waves
03:34 PM on 03/05/14 
User Info.
Youarcade
St. Louis MO
Male
This is going to be impossible

Bjork- Joga
The Rolling Stones- Under My Thumb
The Rolling Stones- Moonlight Mile
Pavement- We Dance
Pavement- Fight This Generation
The National- Brainy
Radiohead- Karma Police
Brand New- You Wont Know
Sonic Youth- 100•/•
Lydia- December
Bright Eyes- A Song To Pass The Time
Kanye West- All Falls Down
Biggie- Party And Bullshit
Fiona Apple- Fast As You Can
Circa Survive- Stop The Fucking Car
03:37 PM on 03/05/14 
User Info.
Youarcade
St. Louis MO
Male
Converge- Hell To Pay
Now, Now- Cars
06:33 AM on 03/06/14 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

Shocked you've never heard the Wallflowers before. Bringing Down the Horse is one of my all time favorite albums, so definitely check that one out. Chris and I did a Back Pages on that one about a month back.
02:37 PM on 03/06/14 
User Info.
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
Erie, PA
Male
I think I'd have to say "Dramamine" by Modest Mouse is my favorite song of all-time, although "Indoor Living" by Motion City Soundtrack (and its respective album) opened a door to punk/pop-punk for me freshman year of high school.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos