Username
Password
fun. News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 106.
05:20 PM on 06/25/12
aerofan11
Waiting For The Man
User Info.
People only hate We Are Young cause it's overplayed. Something that isn't the band's fault!
This collaboration is weird though. I hope it works out.
05:22 PM on 06/25/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'm not, but it's hardly a gem. I think it's boring.
I think its fucking awesome, and the beauty is that we're both right.
06:23 PM on 06/25/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
They don't. Everything fun. touches is gold, haven't you heard?

Some Nights by itself is shit. Slap the name fun. on it then you get instant gold.
Oh mah gawd I kno rite?
06:55 PM on 06/25/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
wow let's combine 2 awful pop acts and make people's heads explode with how awful they can be together

music is dead

This is a joke, right? Why does AP even cover someone like Jepsen? And why is anyone excited about this?

They don't. Everything fun. touches is gold, haven't you heard?

Some Nights by itself is shit. Slap the name fun. on it then you get instant gold.

The only two songs I hear when I turn on the radio are fun.'s awful track, and Jepsen's even more awful track. The fact that they're working together is not exciting, interesting, or positive in any way, because generic pop-artists have been doing this for years, years, and more years.

T-minus 10 seconds until "You're a douche, fun. and Carly Rae Jepsen are single-handedly saving pop music from the depths." Sigh. Son I am disappoint.

The vocoder vs. autotune argument is tired. Most artists use autotune, in the true definition of the word (pitch correction). However, everyone hates on hip-hop artists like T-Payne for using "autotune," while in actuality, he is using vocoder. Jason Tate writes up a clarification, saying fun. didn't autotune, they used vocoder, and everyone is like "oh, well then that's pretty cool that fun. used a vocoder!" People seem to not realize that vocoder is what everyone has hated all along.

Ugh. At least we still have everything The Format put out.

Settle down, children.
07:10 PM on 06/25/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol well then go listen to some good pop like The Summer Set and All Time Low
I like some all time low but I never could get into The Summer Set. I honestly like the genre and normally the cheese factor is not too big a deal for me but the vocals they have is not really my thing. I think I don't listen to A Rocket To The Moon for the same reason. I am not that picky in music. I just did not like Some Nights.

I like pop music but I guess when it comes to that genre I find myself looking for certain things. I think Some Nights had some highlights but overall was disappointing to me. I know it is great for others but imo it seems lifeless.

Jukebox The Ghost is a good example of a constantly consistent indie pop group that releases music very similar to fun but has released 3 different yet awesome albums. The Narrative are also a band I think works really hard and has produced a great pop sound. I loved A&I and most things Nate has done. The band is talented but I just was not a fan of their last album. I may come off strong but I doubt this collab will really sound that good...Also that 'Call Me Maybe' song is really annoying imo. Like I said its all my opinion here and maybe I am being picky but as far as an open forum goes this collab does not really excite me.
08:10 PM on 06/25/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Settle down, children.
okay
08:38 PM on 06/25/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
How about you look at it this way: here's a pop artist perhaps looking to better enhance her craft by working with a great songwriter? Not sure how anyone can hate on that.
08:57 PM on 06/25/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Plenty of love for Carley from everyone...
09:15 PM on 06/25/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
How about you look at it this way: here's a pop artist perhaps looking to better enhance her craft by working with a great songwriter? Not sure how anyone can hate on that.
Exactly

11:44 PM on 06/25/12
Rustash
User Info.
She can sing, and she might have some actual songwriting ability, so who knows? This could produce something pretty cool. Though I'm now accepted that the fun. I came to know and love from Aim and Ignite is dead.
12:19 AM on 06/26/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
She can sing, and she might have some actual songwriting ability, so who knows? This could produce something pretty cool. Though I'm now accepted that the fun. I came to know and love from Aim and Ignite is dead.
the fun. who wrote fantastic pop music? Nah, they're still around.
06:41 AM on 06/26/12
j4callen
User Info.
If Josh Ramsay doesn't blow up soon as a producer/writer something will be terribly wrong. Guy could be the next Luke.
09:00 PM on 06/26/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
People only hate We Are Young cause it's overplayed. Something that isn't the band's fault!
This collaboration is weird though. I hope it works out.
wrong. i HATED it the second the chorus hit (long before it was extremely popular, as soon as fun's e-mail newsletter said the day the song would come out, listened at midnight that night). that production caught me off guard so much it almost made me sick. loved most of the rest of the album though.

and i fucking love "call me maybe" :)
01:09 PM on 06/27/12
bojl
asdf
User Info.
meh
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives