AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:46 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
we are cured
mylovefordanger.bandcamp. com
Male - 30 Years Old
well, ive just found that recording vocals or piano with one microphone never gives me the results i want, it always sounds too thin and not as personal/intimate in the recording. in my recordings i can't even pick out the notes a piano is playing unless it's got a presence on both sides of the mix; usually i'll pan the lower notes and the body to one side, and then turn the higher notes and clarity up a little bit louder and pan it to the other side (or more toward the center) so the melodies can be heard. acoustic guitar, i'm still toying with -- sometimes it definitely sounds better double-tracked instead of double-mic'd.

i tend to have very layered electric guitars, so recording all these electric guitar tracks and having only one mic for one track on other instruments, the guitar just kind of swallows it up.

PM me something you've done if you don't mind, I'd like to have a listen before I comment on that.

what's the difference? does it represent the guitars through different EQ ranges?

They have fairly similar frequency response, however the e835 doesn't roll off lower frequencies as sharply as the 57. The result is a little more access to the low-end of a signal.

I've always been happy with the way an SM57 picks up my guitars, once i find that off axis sweet spot (for me it's usually at a 35 degree angle, pointing to the bottom edge of the speaker). so i haven't felt a NEED to upgrade to a Sennheiser... but i'm sure using both microphones has awesome results.

It's not really an upgrade as they are right around the same price point. But from the sounds of it, you could use a few of them to add to your arsenal in the event you do want to begin recording your own drums, or even just want a different flavor when layering.

it only has 2 inputs, if i were to record drums i would want the full 8 for direct mic'ing, overheads, and room mics. hell i don't even have enough microphones for that. plus i don't really have a good, isolated, confined recording space for drums anyhow. anywhere is usually good for electrics since they're mic'd close up with a unidirectional microphone, and i've found that almost any living room with wood floors is great for vocals and acoustics. but drums seems like it'd be a little more complex if you want the right reverberance.

Ok that makes sense, I didn't read the specs and thought it was 8 ins. There are options to do that but that would involve upgrading your digital workstation.

You can make effective drum recordings with one mic if the room is right...but that's the key. Where I will disagree with you is 'any room with wood floors' being good for vox/acoustics - perhaps in your experience that is true but in mine, it's not the case.
03:01 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 23 Years Old
Verified
PM me something you've done if you don't mind, I'd like to have a listen before I comment on that.

i have something perfect -- acoustic guitars, an upright piano, vocals and harmonies -- each recorded with two microphones at the same time, in a large living room with wood floors. it'll be in your inbox.

Quote:
They have fairly similar frequency response, however the e835 doesn't roll off lower frequencies as sharply as the 57. The result is a little more access to the low-end of a signal.

that makes sense, and listening to my demos i know what you mean. but the bass melodies are often a very important part of my electric music -- in my opinion, most albums don't have basslines that are discernible enough. this means, throughout the recording process, I am doing my best to make room for the bass, so i don't mind if the lower frequencies are lost on my electric guitar recordings -- i'm looking for those to come through more in the upper midrange/low treble, and im sure the guy who's mixing the album would just apply a high-pass filter and eliminate most of those lower ranges anyway.

Quote:
It's not really an upgrade as they are right around the same price point. But from the sounds of it, you could use a few of them to add to your arsenal in the event you do want to begin recording your own drums, or even just want a different flavor when layering.

i'll have to do some comparisons to decide which mics to get when i'm at that point. i really like AKG D-550s on toms, and they're not that expensive either. i'm interested to know more about your drum microphone preferences though.

Quote:
Ok that makes sense, I didn't read the specs and thought it was 8 ins. There are options to do that but that would involve upgrading your digital workstation.

im planning to get the 24-track version of the same Tascam model soon, which has 8 inputs.

Quote:
You can make effective drum recordings with one mic if the room is right...but that's the key. Where I will disagree with you is 'any room with wood floors' being good for vox/acoustics - perhaps in your experience that is true but in mine, it's not the case.

what's needed as far as room treatment, size, and shape for clean, concise drum recordings? i don't know jack diddly squat about recording drums other than what i could easily read from the internet.
12:29 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
Robldi17
No Avatar Selected
<p>Driving the Brand Clarisonic

The Clarisonic Mia Sonic Cleansing System in white is created to go wherever, given that it is <a href=http://www.clarisonicmia4sale.com>clarison ic mia sale</a> a compact sized version of a sonic pores and skin cleansing program . But now that it is available and accessible to most women, <a href=http://www.clarisonicmia4sale.com>discount clarisonic mia canada
</a> you can get it from reputable online stores that sell Clarisonic brush heads . 84% - Britannia is a combined of 958 parts pure silver and 42 parts copper) was introduced to be the standard that actually replaced sterling silver (92 . Mia comes with a sensitive brush head, very soft bristles, and vibration instead of spinning the way it is, it is very comfortable to use, there is no discomfort each wash program minutes, time to automatically stop the other versions of the Clarisonic in 20 seconds, 40 seconds, there is still time prompt the Mia functionality simplifies wash forehead, cheeks, chin and time need to control . Brushes for oil mm and small blackheads acne . And he or she has a little valuable day minutes the guys, And to tend your partner grandchildren actually have no concept insights on practical ideas on methods she has the particular to get all of it made, But <a href=http://www.clarisonicmia4sale.com>cheap clarisonic mia 2</a> rather your sweetheart will do since uses not much time very, In virtually, Across she is, That typically programming for my child pores and skin color, Totally jane does indeed merit ones indulging a Clairusually providenic . Clarisonic Mia

I hesitated using cleanser because of its bad reputation among dermatos French, unlike Americans who love it, and because it would be too aggressive for sensitive skin . The tone, texture, and glow of the skin are noticeably improved by the Clarisonic Mia . Feature a couple of attractive offers upon checkout.</p><p>´╗┐Clarisonic Mia just a matter living a healthy lifestyle and cleansing regularly

Clarisonic Mia will never happen to me . Some long time users claim that they were able to achieve lighter skin tone . It is rather user friendly, possessing just a individual velocity plus a a single option <a href=http://www.clarisonicmia4sale.com>clarison ic mia 2</a> handle . As a result, after adopting a daily deep cleaning ritual, most women notice that their pores appear smaller . While some deep cleaning approaches, such as microdermabrasion, can irritate more sensitive skin, the soft bristles of a Clarisonic brush mean that this form of deep cleaning is healthy for every skin type . Clarisonic boast that their cleansing tools can remove up to 6x times more makeup and dirt from <a href=http://www.clarisonicmia4sale.com>clarison ic mia</a> the skin than normal cleansing, so does your skin feel any cleaner after? For me, it certainly did . As long as the switch is pressed, you can feel the soft and gentle sonic vibrations can be used with non-abrasive cleaning products . Girls who have attempted Clarisonic exfoliating and cleansing techniques report that they operate up to six instances greater than undertaking the cleansing manually . They will make comparisons with more trendy companies and the feeling of inferiority will set in.</p>

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets