something.monic
flying ostrich
User Info.
fantastic. the one am radio.
04:13 PM on 11/13/09
something.monic
flying ostrich
User Info.
I'm calling it: there will be a new grunge revival. Maybe not something so much as a new "grunge" genre, but the idealism of the original movement. Forget style, just wear what feels comfortable and make really artsy, gritty, emotionally-driven music that surpasses genre definition.

I can already see a few bands on their way with this...
this is true.
04:15 PM on 11/13/09
something.monic
flying ostrich
User Info.
it might be dumb, but I feel the EXACT same way. I'm always wishing I was born about 2 years earlier so I could have really been a part of that.
aye, me too.
05:16 PM on 11/13/09
something.monic
flying ostrich
User Info.
bad southern rock-core

done
Dude, seriously.
07:03 PM on 11/13/09
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
to me, this whole emo-punk mainstream thing will be just like what nu metal was in the 90s. And nu metal has definitely passed just like this will
09:00 AM on 11/15/09
neverenoughhaha
Nerdfighter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think everyone should just like what you like. There's always been music that's "bad," but I'd rather spend time and energy enjoying things than complaining about what a 14-year-old likes. And I think it's too easy to say, "This music sucks." That's not giving enough credit to something that clearly has power over people, and if the Breathe Carolina album is an important, life-changing album to a middle schooler, I think that's much better than not listening to music at all. And please, my life-changing middle school albums were what many would consider awful (myself included), but that doesn't make Hybrid Theory or Satellite or Country Grammar any less significant to my development as a thirteen-year-old music fan.

Plenty of the bands that are adored on this site were basically the equivalent of Brokencyde and Millionaires to older generations of music listeners. I don't care what the "fad" is; I care about finding music that I enjoy. I say live and let live. I'm sick of your whining.
This.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums