Username
Password

09:43 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Hey, I'm hoping to study abroad at Kansas state next year and my application is due in pretty soon. However I'm having a nightmare choosing my classes. I have to pick my classes and make sure they don't clash myself (something we don't have to do in the UK). Anyway I can't make sense of the goddamn schedule site for Kansas State.

The schedule for geography is here:
courses.k-state.edu/fall2013/GEOG

The very first column is called section, what does that represent? Is it just the same classes running at different times? For example could I study GEOG100 and GEOG221 considering the first Lab for 221 is the same time as GEOG100?

Thanks to anyone who replies. If you're wondering why I couldnt ask someone at my university this question is because they're fucking useless and didn't know the answer.
10:30 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
If it's anything like my school (also a large public university), then you're correct. Different sections are just different meeting times for the same course. Obviously you can't be in two places at once.
10:42 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
At my school when selecting classes it lists the class, such as GEO221, and then under it has the times that class is available and who is teaching it. You just pick one of the classes. I don't know how it is there but you may want to check if you have to take GEOG100 before taking any other GEOG classes, the GEOG221 may require that you take the basic geology class first. Just an FYI.
11:03 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
good luck; every semester this was a huge pain in the ass for me.
11:10 AM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old
yeah, i'm pretty sure you can pick between different sections, provided they aren't at capacity and there aren't any time conflicts.
12:47 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks everyone!
02:09 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
At my University, the sections are basically the time slots for the classes. For example, I take a Logic class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 2:15 pm. This is Section 5. It's the 5 class of the day in an hour and fifteen minute time slot. On your link anything the GEO 100 is GEO 100 (just different professors, days, rooms, etc.). Hope this offers some understanding.
04:51 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
seventwenty3
Boca,Florida
Male - 24 Years Old
It's useless to you. Honestly just make sure your times don't overlap. I was my own adviser for my years at Florida Atlantic for the most part. Don't expect the people who work at the school to know anything. Good luck.
07:29 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
You don't want your times to overlap. At my school, if you have a class time overlap, the system won't let you enroll in the course, and the only way you can do an overlap is by a petition that requires signatures from the department/s and professors signatures. So from the looks of what you wrote, no you cannot take the GEOG221 lab, if it runs the same time as the GEOG100 lecture. You would have to choose different lab time for 221.
10:44 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
upthepunx
San Diego, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
ignore the "section" - just look at "days" and "hours" and make sure there's no overlap or you'll be screwed. And if you see enrollment restrictions

"GEOG 100, Section E: PILOTS students only." then don't sign up for that section of time (unless youre a pilot student)
02:40 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
chris1152
High fives save lives.
Lawrence, KS
Male - 25 Years Old
I went to K-State for a semester before dropping out due to not having my head screwed on straight at the time. I would highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the campus map so that you don't end up picking one class (lecture or recitation) on one side of the campus with another class on the other side of the campus 10 minutes later.

Also make sure you don't sign up for any K-State Salina classes, the Salina classes are for a satellite campus 45 minutes away from Manhattan. IIRC from my enrollment they do put both campuses down on the same registration page.

Wearing an Aggieville shirt right now as a matter of fact! It's a great bar district that gets crazy and crazier during New Years Eve and Fake Pattys Day.

What are you looking to do with Geography if you don't mind me asking? I'm working on one of the largest running GIS projects currently going on in America for what it's worth.
07:51 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
arefeattymn just answered all of your questions.
12:47 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
LessThanKaitlin
Kansas
Female
I didn't read the entire thread but I am from Kansas and studying at another state university but I know people at K-State and am familiar with the area if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help in anyway.
08:23 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
I went to K-State for a semester before dropping out due to not having my head screwed on straight at the time. I would highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the campus map so that you don't end up picking one class (lecture or recitation) on one side of the campus with another class on the other side of the campus 10 minutes later.

Wearing an Aggieville shirt right now as a matter of fact! It's a great bar district that gets crazy and crazier during New Years Eve and Fake Pattys Day.

What are you looking to do with Geography if you don't mind me asking? I'm working on one of the largest running GIS projects currently going on in America for what it's worth.

I'm going to change my modules now anyway. Turns out I don't have to do 100% Geography, so I'm gonna do some less intense modules too.
Just read the Wikipedia article on Aggieville, looks amazing. Her have 1 student bar here and a club and that's it. A whole area sounds awesome.

I'm also actually looking to do something with GIS coincidentally! I've chosen a GIS module in both semesters for next year and had a GIS test today. What project is that?

I didn't read the entire thread but I am from Kansas and studying at another state university but I know people at K-State and am familiar with the area if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help in anyway.

Thanks! I'll PM you if I need to know anything specific.
12:19 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
IllurnNuH
No Avatar Selected
The Gambia
tabletki odchudzające Ekspresy do kawy folia ochronna na ipada

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles