Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Good album from an above-average rapper, but I prefer Weezy and Drake
10:46 AM on 07/17/11
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Oh, and why don't reviewers just use the percentage scale until they get to use the new rating scale? It would stop all the "confusion" that's happening
12:29 PM on 07/17/11
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Can somebody please clarify for me, do people actually think this guys good, or is everybody just taking the piss?
06:50 PM on 07/17/11
KaMiKaZi90
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can somebody please clarify for me, do people actually think this guys good, or is everybody just taking the piss?

It's hard to explain. If you compare Lil B to other rap music and what rap music is: It is the worst thing to happen to rap music since..well...him.

"Bitches suck my dick cus I look like J.K Rowling"

The only word I can use to describe is: Intrigue. People want to see what this guy is gonna do next. Lyrically, he is terrible. His flow is clumsier than Michael J. Fox in the kitchen. His beats are fun though and He can be pretty clever. Songs like "Like a Martian" and "Look Like Jesus" bump hard. Underneath all that is enough creativity to put out an album like Rain in England. Not a great album, but intriguing. His music is fun. Its the epitome of that kind of music you and four friends bump in the car really loudly on a Saturday night. It comes on at a party and everyone is stoked because everyone knows Based God is "bout to fuck all your bitchezz." On the same merit, his album I'm Gay shows a way different side of the man who will "Get his dick sucked in the sky like a martian" and "fuck a bitch in the face like a boss." It's intriguing. Just go with it. This should wrap up Lil B in about five minutes:

07:01 PM on 07/17/11
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
User Info.
So much to the Lil B story that you don't even know, settle down. You heard 5 songs off 6 Kiss and you think you work for Pitchfork, settle down.
07:30 PM on 07/17/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Take off your try-hard pants and jacket
07:41 PM on 07/17/11
KaMiKaZi90
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im just trying to explain it to him. Jesus. Everyone else is just like "lol thank u BasedGod!" The dude wanted an answer not some stupid vague response. I like Lil B. Sorry I tried to give the dude an answer instead of some pretentious "You won't understand" comment. I listen to music for the sake of listening to it. Not so I can "one up" the dude who thinks he's "indie rap" cus he listens to Childish Gambino and The Cool Kids. Im a casual fan, so I explained from a casual fan perspective. Go ahead and explain it to him if you want to, its no skin of my nose if you out do me in your Lil B knowledge.

Also,

Fuck Pitchfork. Cancer of the music scene.
11:26 PM on 09/08/11
Hermaphrodile
Cussin Like a Lobster Dopemanhunter
User Info.
glad this album is finally gettin the score it deserved
11:28 PM on 09/08/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Listened to this the other day and thought I should finally score it. Sorry for being stupid.
08:21 AM on 10/29/11
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Listened to this for the first time. Actually quite good..
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests