Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Has 2dopeboyz invaded AP?
11:49 AM on 11/20/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
man if you can't realize that practically half of the songs on this album are straight-up hip hop songs then you honestly know nothing about the genre. That isn't some elitist comment, it's just common sense. You said drake did r&b, not hip-hop. I said he did both, because that's what he fucking does.

And my avatar is actually A$AP Rocky (and crew) from when they mimicked a number of famous hiphop albums just a short time ago
12:43 PM on 11/20/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
man if you can't realize that practically half of the songs on this album are straight-up hip hop songs then you honestly know nothing about the genre. That isn't some elitist comment, it's just common sense. You said drake did r&b, not hip-hop. I said he did both, because that's what he fucking does.

And my avatar is actually A$AP Rocky (and crew) from when they mimicked a number of famous hiphop albums just a short time ago
well Asap is hip hop, but the problem with him is he's garbage. but i have a difference in opinion so I know nothing about the genre that i've been surrounded by without really even a choice for all of my life. also, never said he doesn't do any hip hop, i said this album is an r & b album. it has just as much rapping on it as a tlc album.
12:51 PM on 11/20/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
well Asap is hip hop, but the problem with him is he's garbage. but i have a difference in opinion so I know nothing about the genre that i've been surrounded by without really even a choice for all of my life. also, never said he doesn't do any hip hop, i said this album is an r & b album. it has just as much rapping on it as a tlc album.
TLC must've done an awful lot of rapping
12:57 PM on 11/20/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
TLC must've done an awful lot of rapping
a decent amount, but not enough to ever be called a hip hop group, so i'm not gonna call Take Care a hip hop album. a lot of the rapping on it is harmonious and really half sung. i'm not even saying its bad. its just not a hip hop album. it's way better than anything tlc ever did tho, that's for sure.
01:00 PM on 11/20/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
well Asap is hip hop, but the problem with him is he's garbage.but i have a difference in opinion so I know nothing about the genre that i've been surrounded by without really even a choice for all of my life
lol

Quote:
also, never said he doesn't do any hip hop, i said this album is an r & b album. it has just as much rapping on it as a tlc album.

"Drake is not hip hop, he's r& b."

This is exactly what you said. This is what I disagreed with. I said Drake "is" both, as is this album.
01:01 PM on 11/20/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
a decent amount, but not enough to ever be called a hip hop group, so i'm not gonna call Take Care a hip hop album. a lot of the rapping on it is harmonious and really half sung. i'm not even saying its bad. its just not a hip hop album. it's way better than anything tlc ever did tho, that's for sure.
Something like thirteen of the eighteen tracks have rapping on them, man. It's both a rap and an R&B album.
01:05 PM on 11/20/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
Something like thirteen of the eighteen tracks have rapping on them, man. It's both a rap and an R&B album.
Well having rapping on them doesn't necessarily make them hip-hop songs, but like half the songs have pretty much no r&b elements, and "Over My Dead Body" is a good example of a hip-hop song that does.

Seriously, how does someone listen to the stretch of songs that is "Underground King" to "Lord Knows" and think "R&B"?
01:09 PM on 11/20/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Well having rapping on them doesn't necessarily make them hip-hop songs, but like half the songs have pretty much no r&b elements, and "Over My Dead Body" is a good example of a hip-hop song that does.

Seriously, how does someone listen to the stretch of songs that is "Underground King" to "Lord Knows" and think "R&B"?
Exactly. You could even start that span with "Buried Alive", even if it is part of "Marvin's Room". Favourite stretch on the album, too.
01:11 PM on 11/20/11
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
Exactly. You could even start that span with "Buried Alive", even if it is part of "Marvin's Room". Favourite stretch on the album, too.
for me it's the first seven songs, but there's maybe one or two songs on the whole thing that I ever consider skipping
01:12 PM on 11/20/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
lol

"Drake is not hip hop, he's r& b."

This is exactly what you said. This is what I disagreed with. I said Drake "is" both, as is this album.
well i suppose i could've worded it better, whatever. i'm over it. you do your thing, i'll do mine. i really can't even begin to care about this pseudo argument. its drake and were on the internet. that is definitely not worth any more of my time.
01:15 PM on 11/20/11
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
for me it's the first seven songs, but there's maybe one or two songs on the whole thing that I ever consider skipping
Wait a minute, I totally didn't think before saying that. That's not my favourite stretch at all. Probably "Crew Love" to "Underground King" or "Lord Knows" to "Look What You've Done".
06:38 PM on 11/21/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
oh. how disappointing. Moving on.
06:42 PM on 11/21/11
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
It's just mediocre lyrical, witty hip-hop. Nothing spectacular. There are better rappers you could check out if you want to get into more rap.

Aside from that, I dont understand these questions at all....have you ever heard of Google or YouTube. It's not that hard.
well when I'm at work and the only access to internet I have is on my phone it's easier for me to just ask the question within the thread and have it answered here. Saves me the time of checking it out on youtube. Which, after finding out the RIYL, I'm glad to have saved.
03:22 AM on 12/08/11
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
Take Care is trash because there's too much bragging and baby-making tunes, not enough words that mean anything to me. Drake said it himself in "Lord Knows", 'Know that I don't make music for ****** who don't get pussy. So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me'

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos