Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 122.
12:18 PM on 04/18/09
Undue Noise
RETIRED
User Info.
At least the production was good...right?

Quote:
After my first few listens, my only reactions of Gypsyhook were stuff along the lines of FML, do not want, lol wut, and every other stupid internet meme you can think of.

Nice description Joe.
12:19 PM on 04/18/09
kayfrstprf
Comfortable.
User Info.
I laughed out loud at that last line! ahahahahahahahahahaha!
12:25 PM on 04/18/09
Ravenous
User Info.
What a fucking horrible review.
12:33 PM on 04/18/09
shotguns
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Gypsyhook" isn't bad. It sounds like a parody of claudio sanchez with electro house pop beats, quite a pleasant surprise It's also the first "scene"->electro act I've heard that isn't just a cop-out for learning to write and make real songs.

I've also heard some vocal-less tracks that actually sounded like quite decent electro house. Dude left a band that was doing good to make something he actually likes.
12:46 PM on 04/18/09
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
haha this is actually so bad
12:53 PM on 04/18/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
the album cover is hilarious. i couldn't stop laughing when i saw it. really, who else would put themselves throwing up on their cd?
01:09 PM on 04/18/09
absentimentalxs
User Info.
I do agree with those who said there shouldve been more original tracks on this EP than just the 3...afterall it took foreeeeever to be released. Then again, I really liked this.
I think despite what people say, his voice is very distinguishable amongst a whole slew of upcoming bands that sound EXACTLY the same, and its a breath of fresh air in some weird way...
I guess you have to be a fan of this genre in order to really appreciate what Sonny has dont on this EP, otherwise yeah I dont blame all the hate...it would seem pretty akward and crappy to me too if I werent already familiar with this type of music ha.
01:16 PM on 04/18/09
Jetka
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was happy when Sonny left FFTL. Their original lead singer sounds leagues greater than Sonny's prepubescence. From what I have heard of this album.. well, I agree with the review. This is garbage and it shows a lack of vocal range from Sonny Moore. All this says to me is Sonny should go back to high school and study hard so he does not need to make "music" anymore...
01:18 PM on 04/18/09
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
I do agree with those who said there shouldve been more original tracks on this EP than just the 3...afterall it took foreeeeever to be released. Then again, I really liked this.
I think despite what people say, his voice is very distinguishable amongst a whole slew of upcoming bands that sound EXACTLY the same, and its a breath of fresh air in some weird way...
I guess you have to be a fan of this genre in order to really appreciate what Sonny has dont on this EP, otherwise yeah I dont blame all the hate...it would seem pretty akward and crappy to me too if I werent already familiar with this type of music ha.
I've listened to a lot of stuff in a similar style to this ("experimental" dance/trance/electro music), but I still couldn't find many redeeming qualities here.
01:27 PM on 04/18/09
xtianheadbanger
Jedi Knight
User Info.
I already knew before I clicked that this would receive a poor review.
01:47 PM on 04/18/09
TomAKAVeto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This review is crap. You can't say that the album is terrible because you don't like techno/electronica. And his voice is great because it's different from all the other vocals that sound EXACTLY the same. I admit that I was a bit disappointed since there are really only 3 songs on here, but those 3 songs are actually really good. So, screw all you pricks who don't know good electronic music when you hear it.
02:12 PM on 04/18/09
Kbm600
Here, It Never Snowed
User Info.
Only one thing wrong with this review: I didn't quite think that From First To last's last CD was that bad, it wasn't exceptional, but it was nothing I'd call mediocre.

Otherwise, this CD is probably exactly what I expected.
02:18 PM on 04/18/09
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
This review is crap. You can't say that the album is terrible because you don't like techno/electronica. And his voice is great because it's different from all the other vocals that sound EXACTLY the same. I admit that I was a bit disappointed since there are really only 3 songs on here, but those 3 songs are actually really good. So, screw all you pricks who don't know good electronic music when you hear it.

Good thing I didn't say that, eh?
02:46 PM on 04/18/09
foisol
EST 1986
User Info.
How could any major label think this was a good idea?
There ARE still a bunch of young scenesters in the midwest to profit off of
02:49 PM on 04/18/09
Russ Krak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow Fuck all of you The EP is addicting as hell and AMAZING! its just not punk anymore hes an electronic artist now GET THE FUCK OVER IT! its great haters. And Joe Deandrea go fuck yourself keep your comments to yourself!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS