Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34.
12:20 PM on 04/22/09
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
It's a 13 song album, and personally, I'm not that into Followed but a friend of mine is. It's an album that will offer a lot for a lot of different people.

So jussrelax and give it a chance. I could pick three songs on the album that are a little "stranger" and give you one impression of it, and then pick 3 others and give you a totally different one. There's a really interesting variety of music.
Tony, I'm going to check it out regardless, I'm just saying I don't personally like where it would appear the band has gone. This will not compare to About Face to me. I love every track on that record, and I already don't like 3 on this one. It's just slightly disappointing, because I would have loved to hear the band progress, but remain in that same realm

/puts on About Face
02:18 PM on 04/22/09
HashHolly
....is retired
User Info.
Amazing album
02:41 PM on 04/22/09
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
i hope that he'll release a bunch of these tracks acoustic through the TWT website, because while i'm feeling conflicted about the recorded bone island material, i LOVE when it's just him and an acoustic.
03:38 PM on 04/22/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Nice review, GregOH! This sounds like it will be interesting -- I like having an album that challenges me, and it sounds like the change might do that. about-face is still a favorite, so I'm willing to see how this one suits me.
05:26 PM on 04/22/09
sleeplessdance
User Info.
are we able to purchase a physical copy of this album when it comes out? it doesnt say anything besides buying it digitally online. help! i want!
01:07 AM on 04/23/09
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
Such a lengthy review but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I definitely need to check this record out and I'm excited in doing so.
10:54 AM on 04/23/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
It's a 13 song album, and personally, I'm not that into Followed but a friend of mine is. It's an album that will offer a lot for a lot of different people.

So jussrelax and give it a chance. I could pick three songs on the album that are a little "stranger" and give you one impression of it, and then pick 3 others and give you a totally different one. There's a really interesting variety of music.
Nice one!
02:33 PM on 04/23/09
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
Can't wait to hear this.
ditto. .
12:10 PM on 05/04/09
jz1287
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
are we able to purchase a physical copy of this album when it comes out? it doesnt say anything besides buying it digitally online. help! i want!

According to the press release:
http://billboard.prweb.com/releases/...web2328424.htm
Quote:
BONE ISLAND will be available at all major digital retailers on May 9 and in retail stores through RED Distribution in August.

I believe hard copies will be available at shows starting with the CD release show on May 9th.
06:06 PM on 05/04/09
shakethosehips
work those lips
User Info.
I almost think it is unfair to even compare this album to About Face.
While I believe that all of TWT's music has been injected with Joel's brilliance, before now, it was also tainted by corporate hands. This is pure Joel Hamilton, and it is amazing to say the least.
Granted, everyone is going to feel differently depending on their own personal tastes, but for me, it is undeniable that this boy oozes talent and is definitely pursuing the right dream. And it is every bit evident when seeing him perform.
Which if you have any doubts about "Wolf," just see it live and you will have your breath taken away. I know mine was.
Part of the charm of TWT is that Joel isn't afraid to be himself and make music that he believes in, even if it is not up to industry standards or ready to play right after Fall Out Boy or whatever is on the radio these days. It is definitely refreshing.
I have been a fan since Everyone Here Is Wrong, and while I do have favorite songs from the past, nothing beats what he is doing now. It has so much more feeling and sincerity to it. You can tell that it truly comes from his heart.
08:13 AM on 05/09/09
chachagooray13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I definitely think Bone Island is great but I definitely also have to say its so much better live. Sugar for my sugar is one of the best songs I've ever seen played live and it doesn't have the same energy on this cd but I'm still glad they actually put it on there since they've been playing it for years.
03:00 PM on 05/14/09
WalmartPhotoGuy
Respectively, Sire.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Gregory, you write amazing reviews. honestly, you're really good.
03:31 PM on 05/14/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Gregory, you write amazing reviews. honestly, you're really good.
Thanks so much, I appreciate that.
06:02 AM on 05/15/09
tunemyheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hootie and Edwin McCain are from COLUMBIA, not Charleston. Get it right - even though they both suck.

Stretch Armstrong is also from Columbia. They do not suck.
10:00 AM on 05/15/09
MusicScoutJustn
Independent Promoter
User Info.
This one has some good tracks on it, but it isn't solid throughout like their first EP or About Face. It's missing something here and there.

Still, I gave it good marks.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News