Username
Password

10:46 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
Tulare, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
New live action movie set to focus on the origins of the turtles.

So happy they decided to go back to live action for the franchise (even though i was a fan of the last movie), I just hope they get the right people on board to make this thing.
10:51 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
10:56 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
That gets me excited. The cartoon wasn't too bad. Thought Casey was cool.
11:06 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
starseed
pen?
Orlando, FL
Male - 30 Years Old
New live action movie set to focus on the origins of the turtles.

So happy they decided to go back to live action for the franchise (even though i was a fan of the last movie), I just hope they get the right people on board to make this thing.

So this is a reboot? Shame. Wonder if they'll borrow more from the comic or from the cartoon. I was always a little disappointed that some old school cartoon elements never made it into the cartoon reboot, like Bebop, Rocksteady, or Krang. Man, I grew up on that shit. I know it was supposed to be closer to the comic, but really, cartoon vs. comic, I choose cartoon. Call me crazy if you will.
11:10 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
sweet
11:12 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
It ain't exactly 'live action'. The discussion going on now is to use CGI for the turtles, mixed with live actors and settings for everything else. Its going to look like shit probably, remember how bad this mix looked in I Am Legend...? And that was on a huge budget.
11:14 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
Tulare, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
It ain't exactly 'live action'. The discussion going on now is to use CGI for the turtles, mixed with live actors and settings for everything else. Its going to look like shit probably, remember how bad this mix looked in I Am Legend...? And that was on a huge budget.
well, that's disappointing, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will look like shit. there are plenty of movies out there that use cgi/live action mix and look great. saying it will turn out like I Am Legend isn't exactly fair.
11:26 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
well, that's disappointing, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will look like shit. there are plenty of movies out there that use cgi/live action mix and look great. saying it will turn out like I Am Legend isn't exactly fair.

Few films have pulled it off and not looked like comical shit. The turtles are the main character and will be the key figures in almost every scene. I'm not sure how they could pull that off and it not turn out looking like crap. The original movies are 20 years old and they still look good, just think of all the improvements that have been made in puppeteering and prosthetics since then and how good this could be if they didn't wimp out and assume computers are always the 'answer'? It would be cheaper to, but hollywood is too stupid to understand that.

*disclamer, I hate CGI.
11:32 AM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
Hearing that the Turtles would be CG is a disappointment. Somehow it just doesn't sound like it would end well.
01:47 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
Tulare, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Few films have pulled it off and not looked like comical shit. The turtles are the main character and will be the key figures in almost every scene. I'm not sure how they could pull that off and it not turn out looking like crap. The original movies are 20 years old and they still look good, just think of all the improvements that have been made in puppeteering and prosthetics since then and how good this could be if they didn't wimp out and assume computers are always the 'answer'? It would be cheaper to, but hollywood is too stupid to understand that.

*disclamer, I hate CGI.
well the variety article says nothing about the turtles being CG, instead it says that they were going to use "face replacement technology". So it sounds like there will be actors in suits, just the faces will be CG, sort of like Where the Wild Things Are, which is cool in my book.
02:29 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
I was basing that on the info from Wik, which is probably 6 months old.
02:48 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
Tulare, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
haha i'm sure this project will probably change dozens of times before it is actually made.
02:54 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
Sventhegreat
Play it sweet in heaven...
Twin Cities, MN
Male
Wait so they're making a new TMNT movie?
05:01 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
They looked great in the other movies, why must they fuck around with these things..?
05:05 PM on 04/23/09 
User Info.
more heart
Midtown Saves
Poughkeepsie, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Sweet.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music