Username
Password

09:27 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
That's exactly what I thought when I saw that picture. Michael Bay. Yep.
09:33 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
nhoium
YNWA
Indy
Male - 28 Years Old
Why the hell would you want to see gun-toting turtles? We've already lost 'Mutant'. Do you really want to lose 'Ninja' too?
10:00 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't want to be alive to witness this happen. Michael Bay is raping my childhood.

"Hey GUIZ!! You know what would be a great idea??!!11?! Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles as aliens tho!!!! Guizz???" - no one ever but Michael Bay
11:18 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
What's wrong with the original origin? Turtles get caught in ooze and mutate to a more human-like intelligent form. No need to fix what ain't broken.
11:56 AM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Next thing you know, they're going to make Splinter an actual person probably played by Shia Labeouf. Holy fuck I hate Michael Bay.
12:08 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
toothpaste
Michael Bay is an ass.
was wondering if you are a fan of the ninja turtles?
01:44 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
toothpaste
true that
02:06 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't know. Granted, I'm just speculating, but Platinum Dunes has yet to release an 'event' picture. Even their biggest remake "Nightmare on Elm Street," was released during the film dump months. Not to mention their track record is absolutely terrible. I wouldn't count on this being a summer or winter release. But I could be wrong.

Yea, I didn't see the international gross. But I remember the movie being greeted with a collective shrug. You're right though, it was decent for the franchise.

Sure, but hitherto they've only released horror films. This is the exact opposite of that. Platinum Dunes has yet to release an unsuccessful film. They're batting one thousand. They've developed a very good relationship with a huge studio and paved the way to allow themselves to make an event picture of this sort. I think it's a very calculated effort and one that will pay off for them (though ultimately not fans) in the long run. I think it's already easy money whether they are aliens or not.
03:10 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
We dug coal together.
The MO!
Male - 31 Years Old
Sure, but hitherto they've only released horror films. This is the exact opposite of that. Platinum Dunes has yet to release an unsuccessful film. They're batting one thousand. They've developed a very good relationship with a huge studio and paved the way to allow themselves to make an event picture of this sort. I think it's a very calculated effort and one that will pay off for them (though ultimately not fans) in the long run. I think it's already easy money whether they are aliens or not.
As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. They're great businessmen because they're able to repackage and remake everything into crap then sell it to the slack-jawed masses. This holds absolutely no promise whatsoever, as you hinted. Producers that have yet to produce a quality film, director that can't direct and changing the story that changes everything. There is no reason anyone should pay for this.
03:29 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Batting a 1000?

Are any of these movies remotely good?
Pretty much just vomited everywhere remembering those are real-life movies. Biggest of the uggggghhhhhsssssss ever. The only one I could remotely stand was Amityville, just because it was nice to see Reynolds in a different role.
06:38 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 26 Years Old
Batting a 1000?

Are any of these movies remotely good?

I didn't say "they have yet to make anything bad", I said "they have yet to make anything unsuccessful." All of those films beside The Hitcher and TCM: The Beginning did huge numbers at the box office, and even in the cases of those two, neither were failures.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. They're great businessmen because they're able to repackage and remake everything into crap then sell it to the slack-jawed masses. This holds absolutely no promise whatsoever, as you hinted. Producers that have yet to produce a quality film, director that can't direct and changing the story that changes everything. There is no reason anyone should pay for this.

Agree for the most part, though I don't think they are ALL bad. TCM was a bad remake, sure, but because of that remake we received a horror villain in R. Lee Ermey as Sherriff Hoyt that deserves to be remembered and deserved a BETTER film. Also, the Friday the 13th remake was everything a sequel should've been. There was no point in reinventing the franchise because they inadvertently proved that nothing was broken. If they cut off the unneeded prologue with Pamela Voorhees and turned it into a sequel that ignored both continuity and logic then it would've been awesome!

But in all other cases, I agree. There was no reason for that Nightmare remake. Freddy is too iconic to be recast and reformatted. It was devoid of everything that made the original great and stay relevant for decades after.
07:13 PM on 03/20/12 
User Info.
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
Lisbon
Male - 26 Years Old

Can someone PLEASE keep Michael Bay away from our childhoods?
12:28 AM on 03/21/12 
User Info.
FallenEmpyr
Anchorage
Male - 25 Years Old
Am I the only one who doesn't hate Michael Bay?
12:57 AM on 03/21/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 26 Years Old
Am I the only one who doesn't hate Michael Bay?

I sure don't, but I find it hard to keep defending him sometimes. I think the transformers films (especially the third one) are technical masterpieces even though they are narrative pieces of turd.

The man has a winning personality, though. I've never seen anyone with his sort of power in Hollywood flaunt it so casually and openly shit on the heads of fans. I have to bow to him for his utter lack of humility.
08:45 AM on 03/21/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles