Password

Album Review

Madina Lake - Attics to Eden Album Cover

Madina Lake - Attics to Eden

Reviewed by
Madina Lake - Attics to Eden
Release Date: April 28, 2009
Record Label: Roadrunner Records
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 109
08:36 AM on 04/28/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I was a huge fan of the debut, and want to love this one so badly, I just can't
You're right, certainly way too many sub-par tracks.
O well, gives me hope for a rebound record the 3rd time around.
08:38 AM on 04/28/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I was a huge fan of the debut, and want to love this one so badly, I just can't
You're right, certainly way too many sub-par tracks.
O well, gives me hope for a rebound record the 3rd time around.
Yeah, I really wanted to like it as well but just could not get into it.
08:50 AM on 04/28/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Ouch. I agree though, major disappointment.
09:50 AM on 04/28/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
This is only $7.99 at Best Buy (when it comes out on 5/5/09) but even at that price I'm not sure I can justify a purchase. I picked up their debut late last year and got pretty excited about this release. Excellent review, you stayed completely neutral and didn't shit on the album like many people on this site would (just to show how expert their music tastes are). I got a free download of "Statistics" yesterday from their site and that track is pretty good. From the first time I heard "Never Walk Alone" I began to lose hope in this album. Looks like Closure in Moscow and The Dangerous Summer are the ones to get on 5/5/09.
09:53 AM on 04/28/09
Klatzke
User Info.
This is only $7.99 at Best Buy (when it comes out on 5/5/09) but even at that price I'm not sure I can justify a purchase. I picked up their debut late last year and got pretty excited about this release. Excellent review, you stayed completely neutral and didn't shit on the album like many people on this site would (just to show how expert their music tastes are). I got a free download of "Statistics" yesterday from their site and that track is pretty good. From the first time I heard "Never Walk Alone" I began to lose hope in this album. Looks like Closure in Moscow and The Dangerous Summer are the ones to get on 5/5/09.
I thought this came out today?
10:12 AM on 04/28/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
I thought this came out today?
Today was the original release date. It got pushed back a week about a month ago. It's on the website http://www.madinalake.com/
10:26 AM on 04/28/09
Klatzke
User Info.
Today was the original release date. It got pushed back a week about a month ago. It's on the website http://www.madinalake.com/
I'll have to edit it then when I get home. Everywhere I looked said today. Oh well, a week early doesn't matter too much.
01:41 PM on 04/28/09
inyoursea
crazy for you baby
User Info.
Nicely written review, pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I gave the band a shot but couldn't get past the lackluster lyrics and filler.
05:36 PM on 04/28/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really disagree with this review. I greatly enjoyed this album.
09:20 PM on 04/28/09
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
User Info.
I dont agree with this review at all but its well written. I thought their first album was bland and thought this one was much better. I might be the only one who thinks this though.
09:27 PM on 04/28/09
Klatzke
User Info.
I dont agree with this review at all but its well written. I thought their first album was bland and thought this one was much better. I might be the only one who thinks this though.
Exact opposite of what I think haha.
09:30 PM on 04/28/09
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
User Info.
haha, the joy of opinions. I can definitely see where you are coming from but I am also a fan of the bands you listed in the recommendations (aside from RJAs latest album that I thought was terrible). I felt the different key signatures (from what I could tell) made it interesting. My favorite track being Friends and Lovers.
09:36 PM on 04/28/09
Klatzke
User Info.
haha, the joy of opinions. I can definitely see where you are coming from but I am also a fan of the bands you listed in the recommendations (aside from RJAs latest album that I thought was terrible). I felt the different key signatures (from what I could tell) made it interesting. My favorite track being Friends and Lovers.
You like Escape the Fate's new album? ewww.
09:37 PM on 04/28/09
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
User Info.
I did when I first listened to it and now I dont. John Feldmann ruined them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos