AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Fullsteam Records Sampler

Posted by - 05:11 PM on 04/26/09
Today, we're bringing you something a bit different. Top Finnish label Fullsteam Records doesn't get much love in the U.S., but thanks to Paper Tiger AV, the Fullsteam catalog is coming to our shores for the first time. In celebration, we have the label's 2009 sampler available for free download.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
05:19 PM on 04/26/09
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
its always quite cool when things like this happen. i haven't heard of this label, but hopefully this will get them some good exposure. it's always hard for bands/labels to succeed overseas, and it has been a problem for loads of UK bands (fightstar, enter shikari, lostprophets [?] ). anyway, i'll probs download this tomorrow, bit late over here now!
06:12 PM on 04/26/09
jason soroka
User Info.
epic
06:12 PM on 04/26/09
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Haven't heard of any of these bands, but excited to listen to the sampler
06:20 PM on 04/26/09
jasoneyeball
such a registered user
User Info.
Rubik is my new favorite band
11:04 PM on 04/26/09
xtheaudition
User Info.
im rockin damn seagulls now, awesome jam =D
04:38 AM on 04/27/09
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
This is an awesome idea, I'm gonna listen in a bit.
06:56 AM on 04/27/09
Glassjawguy
The Other Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
*round of applause for who's idea this was*

I'm just downloading it now. Whether or not I like any of the bands is besides the point, it's just great to see that you guys are giving labels and their bands a chance to be heard. I don't think any of us here on AP are gonna complain at getting the oppurtunity to hear new music :)

Well done guys!
07:19 AM on 04/27/09
Glassjawguy
User Info.
Rubik is my new favorite band
Listening to Rubik's song just now, really good!
07:37 AM on 04/27/09
Glassjawguy
User Info.
A quick run down:

Rubik: Really fresh sounding indie rock. Awesome
Disco Ensemble: Like a cross between Refused and Bear Vs Shark. Dig this song.
Michael Black Electro: Not for me.
Damn Seagulls: Pretty good song.
Downstairs: Not bad, liked some parts, didn't like others. Would check out more though.
Jaakko and Jay: Short upbeat folk-punk song. Pretty cool.
Callisto: Didn't dig the vibe or the vox. I'm sure some will though. Muse styled vocals at parts.
Cosmobile: Bit boring for me.

So the first two tracks were the stand outs for me.
08:21 AM on 04/27/09
jasoneyeball
such a registered user
User Info.
*round of applause for who's idea this was*

I'm just downloading it now. Whether or not I like any of the bands is besides the point, it's just great to see that you guys are giving labels and their bands a chance to be heard. I don't think any of us here on AP are gonna complain at getting the oppurtunity to hear new music :)

Well done guys!
glad you dig it! there are so many amazing label overseas who have never seen the light of day here in the US. it's time for that to change
08:45 AM on 04/27/09
Glassjawguy
User Info.
glad you dig it! there are so many amazing label overseas who have never seen the light of day here in the US. it's time for that to change

Very true dude! I could be way off the mark here but judging from your name are you part of eyeball records by any chance?

I know what it's like to have to search for labels, when I was a bit younger and just starting to actively look for music, I found a lot of stuff by looking at american labels (i'm from scotland) and for example I'd look at the drive thru records links page and from there I'd find other indie labels. I'd check out all the bands on that label and then continue the process. I found so much music that way! I know that it's the labels job to promote their artists but sometimes the label itself needs to be promoted too and I always like to see labels helping each other out rather than competing. Then again I'm selfish and want to hear as many good bands as I can! I want music to win. Not for it to be ruined by folks chasing money. So again thanks for this!
09:35 AM on 04/27/09
jasoneyeball
such a registered user
User Info.

Very true dude! I could be way off the mark here but judging from your name are you part of eyeball records by any chance?

I know what it's like to have to search for labels, when I was a bit younger and just starting to actively look for music, I found a lot of stuff by looking at american labels (i'm from scotland) and for example I'd look at the drive thru records links page and from there I'd find other indie labels. I'd check out all the bands on that label and then continue the process. I found so much music that way! I know that it's the labels job to promote their artists but sometimes the label itself needs to be promoted too and I always like to see labels helping each other out rather than competing. Then again I'm selfish and want to hear as many good bands as I can! I want music to win. Not for it to be ruined by folks chasing money. So again thanks for this!
sort of! i work with them from time to time. i co-own Paper Tiger AV though. i'm glad you're into the idea!
11:53 AM on 04/27/09
Shaved Goat
Come on feet, cruise for me
User Info.
The whole thing is good, but Rubik is especially bitchin

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT