Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
12:06 PM on 04/30/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Uhhh RIYL Yellowcard- Lights and Sounds, I really don'y understand that reference

Also I pretty much agree with the review. I wasn't blown away by the album, but its got some solid tracks.
That might read negatively, but check out "Los Angeles" -- that's the type of song that would have been ripe for the picking on Lights and Sounds. There are some darker tones present here that remind me of that album -- and both strive for an alt. rock-pop sound.
12:17 PM on 04/30/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Definitely would have given this a higher score. High 70's mid 80's.

The Audition do pop-punk/rock better than anyone.
I have to disagree with that. Relient K, New Found Glory, The Dangerous Summer, The Graduate... all do the genre much more effectively. This band has a great vocalist in Danny Stevens and could really soar if paid the right amount of attention by a knowledgeable producer (you'd think Trombino would have been that guy...).
03:43 PM on 04/30/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
What no way! Lights and Sounds is one of my favorite albums ever, if anything L&S >>>> The Audition for me. I totally dig "Los Angeles", not sure I hear the darker tones though.
I dunno, it reminds me of it in places -- pretty much an amalgam of that album and the others I put in the RIYL.
10:33 PM on 04/30/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Ah yes, I guess I should have said IMO. But at least they ain't shit.. amirite. haha
No, not at all -- they're quite good, just need a focal point, because they hint at something special and then drop it. They're still very young with plenty of time to get things right, and I do think they are on the verge of doing something special in their genre.
05:34 PM on 05/01/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Awesome album, deserves a much bigger score, atleast 85%

I love there 2 previous albums but this one is def there best

People will agree with you no matter what though, thats the problem with this website, wayyyyyyy to many fanboys/girls who take anything what a red name says for gospel when really they are no different from anyone else on this website and shouldnt influence you what "good" music is at all. Even if Jason Tate thinks his opinion is greater then everyone elses (proof i have visited this site for quite some time).

That being said I have no problem with any red names really and think they are all pretty great people, its mainly Jason that pisses me off with his huge ego and how he has this sense of being greater then everyone else, even towards some bands that have helped out this site before: also have a problem towards people who seem to come on this site to only jump onto the next bandwagon or for some reason feel they need someone elses opinion on if this band is good or not.

Back on topic: Great Album, Keep up the awesome work Audition, cant wait for your next album
I think all this is pretty unnecessary -- kind of hypocritical in a sense, but I'm not going to get into this argument. I feel like every review has this kind of comment, and it's uncalled for and never fully correct in any way.
03:04 AM on 05/02/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
unless I posted that rant purely for my own enjoyment on seeing people come and say how "unnecessary" it was and wrong I am but really if I didnt say anything about red names or Jason Tate and just said way to many people here like to jump on the bandwagon, would of any of you replied to it?

I might have to visit a fishing store soon to buy some more hooks, lines and sinkers.
I'd reply to every comment if I could -- your just trying to start up shit and be a little smartass about things. Let it go, realize people have their own opinions and I can guarantee you my red name doesn't get me any worship, praise or a massive amount of respect -- and best thing is, I could not give a damn.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos