Password

Album Review

Falling Up - Fangs! Album Cover

Falling Up - Fangs!

Reviewed by
Falling Up Fangs!
Record Label: BEC Records
Release Date: March 24, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from xtianheadbanger. You can see all of xtianheadbanger's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
09:17 PM on 05/06/09
chrstianrocker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I were to just get a couple of tracks off of itunes which would you recommend? I'm definitely planning on getting Streams of Woe at Acheron and Goddes of the Dayspring, but I just don't know if I will get my money's worth when listening to an album like this (concept wise).
09:34 PM on 05/06/09
doppelganger
katy song
User Info.
i couldn't get into this album. the songs get pretty boring after a few listens imo. good review though
08:52 PM on 05/07/09
xtianheadbanger
Jedi Knight
User Info.
Yeh definitely get Streams of Woe at Acheron. Wow. Uh I would also get The Chilling Alpine Adventure, Golden Arrows and Magician Reversed. I would hate for you get them and hate em. :/. The burden of being a reviewer I suppose.
08:52 PM on 05/07/09
xtianheadbanger
Jedi Knight
User Info.
i couldn't get into this album. the songs get pretty boring after a few listens imo. good review though
I love how you commented on both my reviews. Thanks much :].
09:34 AM on 05/09/09
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
You forgot Dawn Escapes, which was a great album.
11:51 AM on 05/12/09
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
This band seems to reinvent it's sound nearly every album.

For me, Fangs is good but not great - maybe 70-75%. Still, I do enjoy it. I don't think they've put out their best record yet. Should they continue in this style, I think they're capable of making an awesome album.
10:48 AM on 05/13/09
xtianheadbanger
Jedi Knight
User Info.
This band seems to reinvent it's sound nearly every album.

For me, Fangs is good but not great - maybe 70-75%. Still, I do enjoy it. I don't think they've put out their best record yet. Should they continue in this style, I think they're capable of making an awesome album.
I agree with you. I think Captiva was their best so far, and that was great. To see them surpass that would be awesome.
08:03 PM on 08/03/09
iluvatar777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the review. I'm sorry to hear that you dismissed Falling Up between Exit Lights and Captiva. I think Dawn Escapes might have been their best mix of rock and experimental elements.
02:26 AM on 08/08/09
sullivancares
User Info.
You forgot Dawn Escapes, which was a great album.
Dawn Escapes is my fav :)

And I think this album is real good...but it has that Falling Up-itis. The songs are good but all sound the same.
07:50 PM on 02/23/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
The more I listen to this, the more I feel that this is their best album. The most diverse sounding, and I think they owed so much of that to the production by Casey Crescenzo.
04:33 PM on 09/27/10
bpmp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sorry, but creativity should have gotten a 10 on this one. You'd be very hard pressed to find a better effort, creatively that is. It's an excellent story and it translates into very original songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos