AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article
« Back to Articles

Mike Kaminsky (FBTMOF & GAD Manager)

Written by: Rohan Kohli (12/22/05)
Mike Kaminsky (manager of Fear Before the March of Flames and Gatsby's American Dream):
1. Gatsby's American Dream - Volcano
2. Thrice - Vheissu
3. Shannon Axelson - Plans
4. Copeland - In Motion
5. Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
6. Armor For Sleep - What to Do When You Are Dead
7. Bella Lea
8. Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down the Days
9. Eisley - Room Noises
10. Rocky Fucking Votolato

Best albums of 2006:
Fear Before the March of Flames - The band that changed the scene by bucking the tired guns and knives aesthetic for animals in party hats will change the entire scene once again. Loved Vheissu but disappointed you couldn't rock to it? Just wait, this will blow your mind...

Gatsbys American Dream - After every other band copied riffs from Volcano, this band is back to lay waste to everything you ever thought you knew about music.

Portugal The Man - This band is not Anatomy of a Ghost. Actually, its not anything you've ever heard before. But it's damn good, as this band re-invents themselves once again.

Weatherbox - Say Anything minus the nervous breakdowns plus the twang of Limbeck brings us...well, the best thing since Say Anything and Limbeck.

Armor for Sleep - "Dead" was the biggest under-the-radar album of last year. Its beautiful, and whatever the guys release as their follow up will make me cry. Again.

Danger Radio - In two years time this band will be taking Fall Out Boy on tour.

Fall Out Boy - Is this band even releasing another record soon? I don't know, but I know I gave Pete Wentz at least three albums worth of material over Warped Tour. His poor, broken heart...

This Providence - Not even God can slow this band down. Their follow up record will make Australia the new Seattle.

Casey Bates (producer) - If your band has a record deal and you're from Seattle, there's a 50% chance Casey's demos got you signed. Its no coincidence half the bands on this list recorded or will be recording with Casey. He is the greatest producer I have ever known.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
05:04 PM on 12/22/05
Jon Foucart
The Jester
User Info.
really into everything you listed. Portugal. The Man will rule all. also stoked on new FBTMOF.
11:38 PM on 12/22/05
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
Originally Posted by Rohan Kohli
Mike Kaminsky (manager of Fear Before the March of Flames and Gatsby's American Dream):
1. Gatsby's American Dream - Volcano
2. Thrice - Vheissu
3. Shannon Axelson - Plans
4. Copeland - In Motion
5. Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree
6. Armor For Sleep - What to Do When You Are Dead
7. Bella Lea
8. Natalie Imbruglia - Counting Down the Days
9. Eisley - Room Noises
10. Rocky Fucking Votolato

Best albums of 2006:
Fear Before the March of Flames - The band that changed the scene by bucking the tired guns and knives aesthetic for animals in party hats will change the entire scene once again. Loved Vheissu but disappointed you couldn't rock to it? Just wait, this will blow your mind...

Gatsbys American Dream - After every other band copied riffs from Volcano, this band is back to lay waste to everything you ever thought you knew about music.

Portugal The Man - This band is not Anatomy of a Ghost. Actually, its not anything you've ever heard before. But it's damn good, as this band re-invents themselves once again.

Weatherbox - Say Anything minus the nervous breakdowns plus the twang of Limbeck brings us...well, the best thing since Say Anything and Limbeck.

Armor for Sleep - "Dead" was the biggest under-the-radar album of last year. Its beautiful, and whatever the guys release as their follow up will make me cry. Again.

Danger Radio - In two years time this band will be taking Fall Out Boy on tour.

Fall Out Boy - Is this band even releasing another record soon? I don't know, but I know I gave Pete Wentz at least three albums worth of material over Warped Tour. His poor, broken heart...

This Providence - Not even God can slow this band down. Their follow up record will make Australia the new Seattle.

Casey Bates (producer) - If your band has a record deal and you're from Seattle, there's a 50% chance Casey's demos got you signed. Its no coincidence half the bands on this list recorded or will be recording with Casey. He is the greatest producer I have ever known.

hahaha your list is awesome! I LOVE all the Seattle shit hahaha.
05:12 PM on 12/24/05
nsgob22
User Info.
danger radio will never get big. i do like the scene athetic.
i like the fact that i have seen half these bands at ground zero in bellevue wa
01:58 PM on 11/14/07
ltrain024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
danger radio will never get big eh? well open your eyes cause its happening while we speak.
03:00 PM on 11/14/07
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
danger radio will never get big eh? well open your eyes cause its happening while we speak.
Or not.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests