AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article
« Back to Articles

Chris Black (Done To Death Management / Cartel)

Written by: Rohan Kohli (12/22/05)
Chris Black - Done To Death Management:

In no order:

1. James Blunt - "Back To Bedlam" - A former British soldier smokes pot and has a voice that recalls early Rod Stewart - beautiful music.

2. Nightmare Of You - "Nightmare Of You" - Upbeat and melodic. I'm a sucker for any band that can channel The Smiths.

3. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - "Cold Roses" - "If I Am a Stranger" is the best Adams song since "To Be Young" from Heartbreaker. "Let It Ride" is the single we all knew he could write.

4. Nellie McKay - "Get Away From Me" - Totaly bizzare and quirky piano based tunes from a bookish 21 year old who got the label to release a double album as her debut.

5. Augustana - "All The Stars and Boulevards" - This record takes me back to Third Eye Blind and The Counting Crows. A very sincere 11 songs that should not be missed. "Sunday Best" is a perfect sountrack for the morning hours. Recorded in the booming southern metropolis of Atlanta, Georgia.

6. Razorlight - "Up All Night" - The most exciting import since The Libertines. "Rock n' Roll Lies" is the standout track - chock full of attitude and snarl. Bring on the drug problems.

7. Fiona Apple - "Extaordinary Machine" - Epic finally let this record see the light of day after years of shelf sitting. Her voice is haunting and the perfect fit for the bouncy but dark piano ballads. Crazy people make great records.

8. Young Jeezy - "Lets Get It : Thug Motivation 101" - The best Southern hip-hop album of the year. Jay-Z is at the healm of his solo career while Puff has his group Boyz In Da Hood on Bad Boy. He had a Lamborgini before the deal.

9. Oasis - "Don't Believe The Truth" - Perfectly clad Britpop heroes do not dissapoint - "Let There Be Love" proves that they maybe the closest thing to The Beatles we have.

10. Kanye West - "Late Registration" - Forget "Goldigger" - "Gone" is the best track on this album - Cam'Ron, Consequence and Kanye trade amazing verses over a simple string and drum based beat. "Before model chicks were bending over or dealerships ask me Benz or Rover ?"

Done to Death Management

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
10:13 AM on 12/29/05
Ryan Imhof
Registered Member
User Info.
nice list
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives