AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Fall Out Boy Auctioning Rare Items For Charity

Posted by - 09:21 PM on 12/24/05
Fall Out Boy is auctioning off several items to benefit the African Children's Educational Trust; check Pete's journal entry below for more details:
Pete's Journal Entryso i was sitting around this christmas. just kinda getting bummed out looking at the lights outside of shiny houses in my neighborhood and decided that it was time fall out boy gave somethng back. we decided to pick a cause that we feel is often overlooked- education of poor people in africa (specifically ethiopia). we feel like education is one of the most important building blocks in change- so after doing some research we found and organization that we felt really was doing it right: www.a-cet.org - this isn't some glossy amazing press piece it is doing something quietly to make a change- and we loved that. so we decided to put a couple of old and rare FOB and clandestine items up on ebay. here's the deal- if you dont see the link off of a fall out boy site than don't trust that it is us doing it- part two- keep bidding the more we can help the better. and three we will keep adding more items up here for a bit so keep checking back. they are all legitimate and endorsed by FOB and all items will come signed. happy bidding:

a clandestine shirt sample that was never made:
http://cgi.ebay.com/never-produced-clandestine-shirt-sample-fall-out-boy_W0QQitemZ4812617551QQcategoryZ5 2473QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

breakdance not hearts shirt worn on big in 05 awards:
http://cgi.ebay.com/clandestine-breakdance-not-hearts-shirt-fall-out-boy_W0QQitemZ4812615104QQcategoryZ5 2473QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

giant moonman pez dispenser given to nominees at the VMAs
http://cgi.ebay.com/giant-VMA-moonman-pez-dispenser_W0QQitemZ4812612435QQcate goryZ52473QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

complete set of take this to your grave trading cards. including rare card:
http://cgi.ebay.com/fall-out-boy-trading-card-lot-takethistoyourgrave_W0QQitemZ481260 7828QQcategoryZ52473QQssPageNameZWD VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spend your xmas cash...

<3 pete and fob
- petey

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
09:26 PM on 12/24/05
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
That's nice of Peter.
09:27 PM on 12/24/05
I am all talk
May 29, 2009
User Info.
trading cards would have been tight
fedhed7
Chickens don't clap!
User Info.
thats pretty cool of them.... i can't believe they're already giving to charity. a year ago, they would never be able to do this.

too bad those shirts are ugly. that pez dispencer and the FOB trading cards are pretty funny.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
they had take this to your grave trading cards?? since when haha
09:37 PM on 12/24/05
smallbutfeisty
aime sa vie
User Info.
i sent in this news to a few people, but it looks like rohan beat me to it :p

i think what they're doing is pretty awesome.
09:38 PM on 12/24/05
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
the trading cards are part of the vinyl, except way bigger and im guessing less rare.
09:46 PM on 12/24/05
Jenn23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by irthesteve
Each CD from the first pressing of Take This To Your Grave came with a trading card. I got Andy, lol.
09:52 PM on 12/24/05
nizzlefoshizzle
Sweet! Coins!
User Info.
i got patrick
09:53 PM on 12/24/05
alexster
sure sign of babeness.
User Info.
Originally Posted by Jenn23
Each CD from the first pressing of Take This To Your Grave came with a trading card. I got Andy, lol.

i got andy too haha
10:06 PM on 12/24/05
SellOuts
User Info.
I got Pete, i wonder if some 14 year old girl would want it. look on ebay* soon!

*I am not going to actually sell this but people on the board can't take a joke so I thought I would add this
10:12 PM on 12/24/05
dildosagginss
Been Here A While
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Contributing to charity is really great, and so is what these guys are doing. but theyre not really contributing anything out of their own pockets, just telling their fans to contribute. The things they are auctioning off are of no real value to anyone but their fans so its not like this is setting fob back too much
10:16 PM on 12/24/05
ishotthepilot
black&blue or gold?
User Info.
Originally Posted by irthesteve

since always.

Originally Posted by dildosagginss
Contributing to charity is really great, and so is what these guys are doing. but theyre not really contributing anything out of their own pockets, just telling their fans to contribute. The things they are auctioning off are of no real value to anyone but their fans so its not like this is setting fob back too much

but would their fans have heard of it otherwise? probably not.
10:16 PM on 12/24/05
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
Originally Posted by dildosagginss
yeah but how much would this stuff had gotten in January?
10:27 PM on 12/24/05
kevinhagan
k-hag
User Info.
i collect pez, and that thing owns, but i def dont have that much money.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos